🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
VampiresVampiresVampires

Question about Brody Stevens

I'm not that familiar with Brody Stevens, but I still cannot figure him out. I know his catchphrases like "Positive energy," "Friendship," and "YYEEEES!" Whenever he is on a podcast, though, he complains about his life, nothing is going right, he hates Thailand, he was kicked out of his apartment, etc.

My question is: Is that his schtick? Saying "positive energy" and then being negative. If it is, it's kind of genius. If it's not, I feel bad for the guy. Can someone more in the comedy scene shed some light on this?

Having heard him on quite a few podcasts now I think it's just his shtick. Something to make him stand out, and I think it works! Positive Energy!

Another one he does is "Steven. Brody. Stevens", his real name is actually Steven Brody, thought Brody Stevens was a more memorable standup name, now I think he jokingly tries to go by Steven Brody Stevens and that's how he corrects people when they introduce him as Brody Stevens. I think it was on Ari Shaffirs Skeptic Tank podcast where they discussed the name thing.

• Like 2

If you want to hear Brody at his best I'd reccomend his second appearance on Uncharted. Dude's got a manic, unbalanced energy and he's real intense.

If you want to hear Brody at his best I'd reccomend his second appearance on Uncharted. Dude's got a manic, unbalanced energy and he's real intense.

Will do. But what exactly is Uncharted? When I use Google to Bing it, it comes up with a video game. Is it a podcast?

I assume he meant the Earwolf podcast, Who Charted?

I kind of thought that, but I was hoping he meant something else. I've listened to his three WC? episodes many times. I think the second one was when he had the wood block and sucked on a THC pop, right? Those first two appearances on WC? are kind of what spurred this question.

Having seen Brody Stevens a lot in LA over the years, and heard him a lot on podcasts, I think he's a pretty genuine guy even when he's doing a shtick. He's such an intense guy though that it's hard to tell when he's trying to be funny and when he's unintentionally being funny.

• Like 1

Having seen Brody Stevens a lot in LA over the years, and heard him a lot on podcasts, I think he's a pretty genuine guy even when he's doing a shtick. He's such an intense guy though that it's hard to tell when he's trying to be funny and when he's unintentionally being funny.

Thanks for more input. Everyone on Earwolf loves Brody. I want to try to see what they see.

And by the way, thestray, your drawings are awesome. I especially love the Dead Kennedys Raccoon. I may try to scrape up a few coins to buy one.

Anybody else watching his HBO Go series that (I think) debuted today? It's six ~15-minute episodes in a documentary format, and I've watched three so far. Pretty fascinating stuff, especially the second episode. I don't know if it exactly answers the question at hand, but it's probably the closest thing you'll get.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this