🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 168 — Breaking Bread

So many Breaking Bad spoilers, who knew Sal Goodman maybe takes vacations?! HOOKED from the ChockTaw on, love Scott and Bob's rapport, especially that Bob is the only one who can break the Would You Rather rules with absolutely no consequences. Inscrutable in the hizz-ouse!

On a side note, I think it's important to keep raising the issue of priest molestation until every one of those sick fucks are brought to justice. Doing it comedically is the best way to raise the issue IMHO as it gets people thinking about it in a lighthearted way, yet it still raises the issue to everyone and possibly introduces it to those who have been ignorant or unaware.

Really could not agree more so that's why I'm wasting a post to quote it...I thought it was fine comedic skewering of some the sick hypocrisy of the Catholic church. It's not so much that people are unaware but rather that it gets explained away or people make excuses for it. You don't even have to go into conspiracy theories to find out about the influence, power and wealth of the Catholic church.

Nothing Besser said was untrue or unfair, but not much of it was funny, either.

says yet another 1 post member

I liked the episode but I don't see any reason to fight people who didn't like it.

• Like 1

I stopped reading right there, just for your information. No one really cares about your opinion 4 paragraphs worth, brosephiroth.

Well, I guess we're separating the people who want to discuss the podcast from the people who don't.

Well, I guess we're separating the people who want to discuss the podcast from the people who don't.

I understand how you feel, but most of the criticism in this thread is just people saying "this thing sucked" which isn't constructive or interesting to read.

Still, nothing annoys me more than people saying "You can't complain because it's free." First of all, it has commercials, so it isn't really free, Earwolf isn't a non-profit company. And 2nd of all That's not an excuse anyway. Just because it's free doesn't mean it shouldn't be good.

With all that said, the show's been on fire the past few weeks, so I don't know why anyone would have any complaints.

I don't know what witchcraft is responsible for the way Besser can turn base-level humour insto something which seems like genius but I hope it never stops.

Bob was a delight as always and I think Scottrick is just getting funnier and funnier. I love that in the last couple of eps a guest has called him on one of his nicknames (I think it was Choctaw both times) and the way he rolls with it in response to them. One of my favourite things its the way he drops into cliche mode with conversational/interview topics. The most notorious one is probably "in this economy" but even tiny things like saying "I mean ..." cracks me up. Ku does that too and I love it every time and I don't even really know why.

I agree with the dude who said this is episode of the year so far, although to be honest my memory is pretty cack and I don't remember further back than a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

Can I be a freeloading parasite for a minute and ask for someone to please, please cut out the Pope's joke (true story) of the four celebrities in an airplane and put it on youtube?

Such hostility! This episode was just okay for me, enjoyable but overall average, so I'm surprised to see people so divided. The last two weeks appealed much more to my sense of humor, I thought they were far superior episodes to this one.

I enjoy Besser's comedy a lot in general, so he's set a high bar for himself, and the Pope character just didn't quite reach it. Too much of the same joke over and over again. I side toward criticizing rape jokes (I equate it to a white comic using the n-word in an act - you better be damn sure your bit is funny and that the subject is treated in the right way if you want to avoid criticism), but I appreciated Besser's comment that the main issue with Tosh's whole thing that was that what he said straight up wasn't a joke.

On a side note, I think it's important to keep raising the issue of priest molestation until every one of those sick fucks are brought to justice. Doing it comedically is the best way to raise the issue IMHO as it gets people thinking about it in a lighthearted way, yet it still raises the issue to everyone and possibly introduces it to those who have been ignorant or unaware.

I will agree partially, except to say that when you do it in the same ways over and over again it becomes cliche and people get sick of hearing about it, and care less. So it's important to be fresh and original.

True, priest/molestation jokes have been done, but the joke that ended with "and then it crashed into a battered women's shelter" made me literally do a spit take.

That was definitely one of the good parts.

Best part of this episode for me was Choctaw's reveal of Bob's old catchphrase, "God Dammit!"

That took me back to the "No Parents Allowed" Mr. Show sketch,

"Craig god dammit get out here!"

To really get the Precious Bros Chocolate bit, I think you've gotta see the original.

It's TOTALLY serious, which is mind boggling. Having watched this first, I was almost in tears laughing when putting together the Precious Bros thing.

I'm so glad at least these Mr Blow bits got to be heard.

Sign in to follow this