🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I think this film would be perfect for the podcast. It creeped me the hell out when it came out, and one of the few Siskel & Ebert episodes that I ever saw listed this as one of the worst movies that they had ever seen for that year. Here's a youtube clip of some lines. I couldn't find the trailer.

• Like 3

Let's not forget that this movie starts in the year 2050 and is all a flashback.

• Like 1

Another Scharpling favorite. Maybe they can trick Scharpling and Tompkins into showing up at the same time and broker some kind of peace deal.

Seriously. That split is just a crime against humanity. And of all people, I would think Tom would follow the path of Gandhi and be able to forgive anybody. But then again he sure does seem to get mad a lot.

This is of course coming from someone who has no clue what happened between them, other than I think a show was at the center of it.

Just a weird movie all together. It has all the signs of a HDTGM movie, a man impersonating a child, horrible gaffs, unexplainable situations, and a plot that has Grodins character at the helm of the cities mass transportation system. WTF

The end to this movie is so strange. It basically involves Charles Grodin torturing Martin Short's character, who is supposed to be a child, by having him ride this oddly dangerous rollercoaster over and over again until it malfunctions and almost kills him. Then Charles Grodin has to save Martin Short from a giant animatronic trex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If ever a movie was made for this podcast, 'Clifford' is it. Holy SHIT it's literally bonkers.

Seriously. That split is just a crime against humanity. And of all people, I would think Tom would follow the path of Gandhi and be able to forgive anybody. But then again he sure does seem to get mad a lot.

This is of course coming from someone who has no clue what happened between them, other than I think a show was at the center of it.

He's been trashing "that comic from LA who won't talk to me" more than ever recently, sadly.

frankly not enough threads with the amazing "Charles groin" tag

• Like 2

I loved this movie! Martin Short was brilliant in this role.

I don't know if I've ever seen this movie, it looks amazing. it's like they wanted to do a kids film like Problem Child but could not find a child like actor to play the kid so they got Martin Short to play a stand in and just said fuck it lets use Martin Short.. what could go wrong! Martin Short clearly isn't a little kid LOL...

I still like Martin Short after watching some of this movie. I have to say he's still super ass funny after all these years. he was on Saturday night live, earlier this year and he stole the show away and reminded me how unfunny Saturday night live is. as he was a great entertainer on that show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOruvWTKPkw

isn't he so cute don't you just want to adopt him..

Please do this movie. it is amazingly horrible. This is one of my favorites of all time in the "so bad, its good" category.

I do love how the end of the movie has Charles Grodin taking over the equivalent of Disneyland and using it as a torture device.

• Like 1

Oh goodness yes. The premise is insane, the execution upsetting and the result is a trainwreck too gruesome not to discuss. This gets my vote and then some.

We should be so lucky to have seen this movie, considering it almost didn't get released because the production company was almost bankrupt when the movie was shot (it did go bankrupt 5 years after this movie was released)

Watched this pretty recently, and I still fucking love it. Charles Grodin will always be one of my favorite actors of all time. He's been in some awful fucking movies but he without exception transcends all of it and makes a more watchable than it has any right to be.

I cannot believe that a studio green lit a movie with someone who was 42 at the time to play a 10 year old. To bring up something someone mentioned earlier, I think Charles Grodin has the most unfair, understaffed job in existence. He appears to be the sole person in charge of designing and apparently building a 3d mock up of a public transportation system for the entire fucking city. 

I really feel like it would be entire departments responsible for something like that. 

The 90s man, when you could tamper with an airplane in flight and not get arrested.

Yea if everyone was rightfully punished for their crimes everyone except Mary Steenburgen would be in jail for the rest of their lives. Martin Short almost caused a plane to crash, stole someones dog, called in a fake bomb threat, made an actual bomb and tried to assume another childs identity over the course of a weekend. 

Grodin kidnapped a child and used robotic dinosaurs as a psychological torture device. And even Dabney Coleman tried to assault Mary Steenburgen in the back of a limo but it gets treated as a gag after she accidentally knocks his toupee off. 

This was one of my all time favorite movies growing up and I forgot that it existed! What were producers thinking casting Martin Short as a 10 year old sociopath? This movie could definitely not get made today and we should cherish it as a relic of 1990s "let's just fucking do it!" attitude about appropriate use of studio resources.