🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 37 — Calm Down!

What do we do improv for? Freedom? Babies? Urine-soaked potato salad? Colton Dunn, Jeff Hiller, and Danielle Schneider use worst summer stories submitted by improv4humans fans and crazy YouTube clips to inspire scenes about dance shoes, rainbows, and strip searches. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

Nothing brings me more joy than hearing besser do a german accent hahah the improv after the jehovah witness clip made my insides hurt from laughing soo great!

• Like 1

Are you trying to say Jesus can't hit a curveball? Love the new jumping off points idea!

Colton from the master improv class! and he plays skyrim. He has serious nerd cred.

RELAX!!!

I need to figure out how to loop the "Calming Noises" bit so I can play it when I'm having trouble falling asleep.

Front to back, this might be the best episode of i4h ever.

"I'm worried I'm gonna grab a kid while I'm out there!"

Definitely loving the new jumping off points, especially the YouTube videos. That's an untapped goldmine.

• Like 1

This is a fantastic episode! The part that Jacob mentioned above also got me. There were quite a few little gems in that scene. I love the YouTube videos. I have to say I am not sure how I missed it but thank you so much for the rainbow conspiracy video. Holy shit. I want to be believe so badly that it isn't real for the sake of the human race but I think it is. Great chemistry in this ep. too. Besser is the master at reading the scene and knowing when to let go like the german scene and when to play it straight and guide the others. Lastly, I have always been a fan of Danielle's but I think after this episode she is at the very top of my favorite improv actors list. When she started singing "America" and then turned it into "The Greatest Love" in the army bit I thought I would lose it. Great work.

I'm so in love with Danielle... Can she just be on every episode? Married couple podcasts are totally a thing

• Like 2

I'm totally obsessed with Danielle as well (in a healthy way...?). After this episode I think she might be my favorite recurring guest.

• Like 1

Danielle is super funny and her characters are pretty high energy whcih is good because alot of the guests play absurd in a straight way. She just sounds like shes having a great time, I really liked this episode.

My favorite was Colton palying the cop who asks different versions of the same question over and over. I've met cops who do that on a regular basis.

• Like 2

Any Youtube suggestion for next episode? Remember they need to work as an audio only experience and I prefer videos that are not funny on purpose.

Matt has never sounded so old when he was talking about Xbox Kinetic and the scrolls of elder. But he instantly recovered by doing what he does best, improv. Nice to get a second dose of the accent from this weeks CBB.

Here's a youtube suggestion:

obviously this is great..

bring back Björk, Mr. Besser! good stuff.

Hot damn, they used my submission! I feel so awesome and I haven't even listened to the episode yet.

Edit: Rainbows for everyone!

Loved this episode!

And now, from someone who thinks we are lizards:

By the way, in talking about the weirdly dark 'very special episodes' of 80's sitcoms. Does anyone else remember the Webster where he finds the hidden room with what he thinks is a dead girl in a rocking chair? It turned out the parents had lost a baby or something and had just bricked over the room and left it the way it was. I remember being so terrified for weeks afterwards. Actually, sort of scared now thinking about it.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this