🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 37 — Calm Down!

By the way, in talking about the weirdly dark 'very special episodes' of 80's sitcoms. Does anyone else remember the Webster where he finds the hidden room with what he thinks is a dead girl in a rocking chair? It turned out the parents had lost a baby or something and had just bricked over the room and left it the way it was. I remember being so terrified for weeks afterwards. Actually, sort of scared now thinking about it.

Oh man! I forgot all about this until you mentioned it. I remember my parents turning it off because they thought it was getting too scary.

Another one that scared me as a kid was the haunted cave episode of Punky Brewster.

Great episode this week, gang!

Oh man! I forgot all about this until you mentioned it. I remember my parents turning it off because they thought it was getting too scary.

Another one that scared me as a kid was the haunted cave episode of Punky Brewster.

Great episode this week, gang!

AHHH I was about to mention the Punky Brewster episode! As well as the one where they found an abused/homeless(??) kid hiding in a refrigerator on the roof?

• Like 1

Found the Webster thing. I don't remember the Punky Brewster one, good God, why was there a homeless person on the roof? Better question, why were 80's sitcoms better at tackling tough conversations than anything on TV now?

[media='']
[/media]
  • Like 1

I've seen Jeff in SOOO many things and always wondered who he was. I love this guy, he was hilarious and knew exactly when to jump into scenes, I hope we see more of him!

Also the YouTube stuff is great, just make sure to link to the videos when you post the pod!

Holy crap! Did I just see Matt Besser in a commercial during the Olympics?

YES! And Seth Morris AND Brett Gelman!!! It was Earwolf on NBC night!

• Like 1

Found the Webster thing. I don't remember the Punky Brewster one, good God, why was there a homeless person on the roof? Better question, why were 80's sitcoms better at tackling tough conversations than anything on TV now?

[media='']

[/media]

Who the fuck leaves a window open in a room they never enter? That's just asking for rain damage, robbery, and tons of other things. There's no need for air circulation since nobody is in there, and it won't smell with nobody there. Damn that's a waste of heat too!

• Like 2

YES! And Seth Morris AND Brett Gelman!!! It was Earwolf on NBC night!

Where was Seth? Is that Brett in all the GO ON commercials?

Nice Olympics spot, Besser!

Here's something about evolution and peanut butter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASzDDOaLyk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This man clearly does not understand what science is or how it works. Bananas.

Thank you bagofbeef. This video, the mormon cartoon, and the pixar jehova have reminded me that there are truly insane people out there and none of them have the ability to recognize their own delusion. This dude gives the rainbow lady a run for her money.

Holy crap! Did I just see Matt Besser in a commercial during the Olympics?

If you didn't, I'd feel embarrassed for yelling out "that's the guy on my t-shirt!" when it played.

• Like 1

I love those Bas Rutten clips where he's teaching people to fight. The one where he simulates the sounds he hears in his head while connecting punches: "Danga-da-Danga-da-Dang!!" Or when he says "What about a shin kick...in the head?"

Its silly & juvenile but the Hans & Frans style malaprops kill me.

• Like 1

Holy shit they used the Bas Rutten clip as inspriation for a scene in the bonus cut.

Holy shit I did just attempt to brag about that.

Matt, did you really not know the names of the games you mentioned or did you not want to sound too into them? You even seemed to own one of them but you didn't know the name of it. If someone asked the brand of tv you own someone would probably get it right, but when it's video games or something that could be conceived as juvenile you have to say "uhh yeah that x-station or whatever." The other way to sound like a total dork is to post something like this on a message board. But it was the one thing that irked me about the episode, which was hilarious btw.

Any Youtube suggestion for next episode? Remember they need to work as an audio only experience and I prefer videos that are not funny on purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkCkZFHWKyY

Came across this a few days ago. Funny because he's only been a youtube member for 3 weeks but has posted almost 400 1 minute videos of either this or his police brutality videos, or karate or magic. The fact that he is claiming to have invented a new style is absurd to me! All he's doing is making weird popping noises that he thinks are drums sounds and chanting incoherently!

Sign in to follow this