🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 169 — Immortal Mustache

Was it when PFT made Scott tell the story about calling the radio hotline as Popeye?

Thank you! Yes.

When was the MAR-ON bit, can anyone write down the time? I apparently got distracted and can't remember listening to it.

It's just after the 32:00 minute mark, when Jay asks Cake Boss (cakeboss!) about his involvement in organized crime.

• Like 1

The Fringe=Friends bit was so effing hilarious. The stories that PFT makes up are just too funny.

The best part was that there really is an episode of Friendzhe from later in the show's run where cheesecake appears mysteriously in the hallway between the boys' and girls' apartments. Appropriately enough it is "The One With All The Cheesecakes"

• Like 2

Was this episode an elaborate set-up for an epic showdown between Highlander Cake Boss Cake Boss and Dr. Huell Manhattan-Howser?? *Crosses fingers*

• Like 2

The more appearances you have on Comedy Bang Bang, the higher your chances of being some kind of omnipotent mythological deity.

I feel like there's some kind of T-Shirt design coming up with Buddy Valestro as the beginning of all sentience and Huell Howser as Quetzalcoatl.

• Like 2

This hit a sweet spot for me, as I love PFT, love Cake Boss, and love it when guests are obviously having a good time. Jay seemed kind of baffled and overwhelmed on occasion, but was totally game.

A weird lack of composure on PFT's part, though -- he usually doesn't crack up so easily.

All that being said, I think the Cake Boss revelation was awesome and kind of sets up a good long break for the character. It's always gold when PFT does it, but I think it could do with a bit of a rest.

Weird how we've been talking about trump so often for basically forever. I didn't really think I'd heard his name as often as guess I had growing up, though I knew who he was. Jays Popeye question killed me. The whole damn episode was amazing. Paul losing it at Scott's story made my heart melt. He laughs so well and for so long. This is one of those moments a person remembers for the rest of their lives even when it's not recorded on a podcast. BUT IT WAS! When Scott and PFT are in a room, its magic. Every time

Sign in to follow this