🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 63 — Relationships

Tig, I played hooky from work to go see your Tig Has Friends show tonight, and I am unbelievably happy I made that call. I can't even put into words how much your set meant to me. And while I am so sad to hear that you do in fact have breast cancer, what you did on stage was something I don't think I will ever forget. EVER. It didn't feel like a lot of the audience in attendance listens to Professor Blastoff with any regularity, as everything seemed to come as an earth-shattering surprise to the crowd as a whole, and whereas Blastronauts got to experience your woes as you shared them with us over a smattering of months of podcasts, the energy you produced in the room by throwing it all out at once was something I knew I couldn't miss. Unbelievable set. So raw. SO POWERFUL!

I hope NYC treats you well. We'll be missing your presence here on the West Coast.

Much love, Tig.

• Like 3

I just saw this quote on my idiotic Tumblr dashboard and thought of you and now I'm crying at 4 PM, which is early for me, and I just hate the fact that the universe is throwing so much bullshit at you. It must be because you're so special.

Begin fucking quote:

Once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.

That's apparently what Haruki Murakami wrote in "Kafka on the Shore." I guess. I never read it. I did read his "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World," though. Highly recommended. (It has unicorns in it!) Is this quote malarkey? What do I know. I hope it's not.

When I first encountered you, Tig, I'm sad to say I didn't get you. Your stuff is sometimes an octave or two below deadpan. Then, the more I listened, the more my stupid brain got conditioned to the wonderful stuff you're able to accomplish with your really unique voice. Not only did I start to really respect you, I started to feel warmly toward you. God, that sounds gross. But I just mean, I'd totally take a punch for you if somebody was being a dickwad.Forgive my eloquence, please.

You've got amazing, amazing friends that are going to help you get better. And you've got friends out here you've never even met that are sending their very best to you. Bullshit will end. Promise.

We love you, Tig. We all love you.

So I just found out about this, and I feel like a jackass for not knowing about it earlier, even though it's only been a few days. I saw David in Toledo and although he was really goddamn funny, he seemed a little down. Now I know why. Wish I could go back in time and give him a hug when I had the chance. I really hope Tig and everyone is staying strong and doing good. Tig, you're one of my favorite comedians. Keep being awesome. Hugs, kisses, and well wishes.

Tig, we love you and you're going to beat this. Great show as always to everyone in the hatch

WHAT THE HELL DID ANY OF THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SCIENCE!! UURRGGHHH!!!

No but thanks to Kyle for having so many ridiculous awful stories about himself, it totally makes me feel better about also being terrible at everything. It's nice to know that every painful mistake made today will just make for great podcasts tomorrow.

"I didn't date a girl til I was 24" and "I dated a stripper for 6 months by accident" is obviously really funny NOW, and at the time I'm sure it was hilarious to everyone else, but yeah it's a difficult thing to actually be that person, and for a long time it's not funny at all. So yeah I just thought someone should say thanks for that!

(I'm not avoiding Tig's whole thing, it's just... what could I possibly say about cancer? Y'know?)

Also great cast!

Tig, we all love you and are rooting for you. It is extremely unfair that all this shit has to happen at once, but you are strong and amazing and I wish you the best. I don't really have much else to say other than this really feels like it's happening to a friend, so thank you for being so honest and open to your fans.

• Like 1

Oh jeez! I was just foolin around some comedy stuff and saw a related story in a side bar with a photo of Tig saying the worst!

Tig Notaro Has Breast Cancer.

I don't really have any idea what to say about that, but the couple videos on there of Tig on Conan are really funny. She does that stool thing she mentioned and I actually did keep laughing.