🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Command Ant

Space Jam (1996)

Space Jam, starring Michael Jordan, Bugs Bunny, and a star-studded cast in a basketball game against talent-stealing aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFwXDN3sI8g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFwXDN3sI8g

It also features Bill Murray, an inappropriately sexualized girl rabbit, and

. This movie is what Roger Rabbit would have been like if it had been funded by Nike and Gatorade. It's definitely the sort of thing 'How Did this Get Made' should watch and then talk about in awed, incredulous tones.
  • Like 2

I love this movie. LOVE!

• Like 2

"...an inappropriately sexualized girl rabbit..."

Jessica Rabbit it still the hottest inappropriately sexualized girl rabbit, but she's Rabbit by marriage. The inappropriately sexualized girl rabbit in"Space Jam" is the real thing. Mmmmm hmmmm, she sure is...

• Like 1

Oh man I saw this in theaters when I was six. I remember being so confused how cartoons and real people could interact with each other. It completely blew mind XD

• Like 2

Fun fact: Warner Brothers never took down the original website for Space Jam.

Copyright 1996!

Holy shit the backgrounds. I forgot how bad the internet was in 96. I also like how it has a link to Mars Attacks!'s website which is so much more of a grownup/violent movie that should no way be link to a Looney Toons movie.

Loved this movie as a kid. At least Murray knew what kind of movie he was in and had fun as he chewed scenery. I also loved how movies in the 90s would have a full soundtrack to complete the experience. I remember owning this soundtrack on cassette and liking the bulk of the songs. Most movies up to the 90s had the soundtracks made up of original songs which would get endless radio play time ex. "I Believe I Can Fly." Now soundtracks are just like those compilations you see advertised between soap operas on TV.

• Like 2

Fun fact: Warner Brothers never took down the original website for Space Jam.

Copyright 1996!

20r4g85.jpg

Oh! The nostalgia! My heart cannot take the sudden flood of joyous childhood memories. I'm so glad that website still exists, and none of the links are broken! It's like a perfect time capsule.

I also loved how movies in the 90s would have a full soundtrack to complete the experience. I remember owning this soundtrack on cassette and liking the bulk of the songs. Most movies up to the 90s had the soundtracks made up of original songs which would get endless radio play time ex. "I Believe I Can Fly." Now soundtracks are just like those compilations you see advertised between soap operas on TV.

I was just having a conversation yesterday with a group of people about how Jock Jams and the Space Jam soundtrack were like the two most important CDs of that time. At least that's how I remember it being at my elementary school and everyone else totally agreed with me. My 4th grade hip hop troupe did a competition routine to "Space Jam" and I still totally remember the moves.

What was the name of the troupe and did you win?

What was the name of the troupe and did you win?

We were the Pioneer Dancers (my elementary school mascot) and I don't remember winning, so I'd guess we did not. But we just loved shaking it to Space Jam

COME ON IT'S TIME TO GET HYPED SAY WHOOMP THERE IT IS!

• Like 2

We were the Pioneer Dancers (my elementary school mascot) and I don't remember winning, so I'd guess we did not. But we just loved shaking it to Space Jam

COME ON IT'S TIME TO GET HYPED SAY WHOOMP THERE IT IS!

In true internet fashion, the Quad City DJs song has been forcibly cross-pollinated with all manner of other geeky songs to create some truly marvelous chimeras.

• Like 2

I am going to start working "You better start givin a fuck about Space Jam and start givin a fuck fast" into as many conversations as possible

• Like 2

"You're not Charles Barkley, you're just a wannabe who looks like him."

My favorite part of the movie. Haha, poor Charles...

"You're not Charles Barkley, you're just a wannabe who looks like him."

My favorite part of the movie. Haha, poor Charles...

Be gone wannabe! Be gone!

• Like 2

I was just going to suggest this! It has all the makings of a classic HDTGM movie: odd cameos, huge logic leaps, terrible special effects, amazing 90's soundtrack feat. a rap song performed by the Looney Tunes. Plus the lead is an athlete whose only prior acting experience was Hanes commercials. PLEASE do this movie!

i would argue that space jam is not bad enough for HDTGM. its not as bad as BarbedWire or Sleepaway Camp or the twilight flicks. it just looks bad now that we the former six year olds who watched it are grown up. I will admit i once owned the space jam soundtrack, one of my fav songs was I believe I can fly by R.Kelly. Watching all the greatest basketball players lose their talent was great.

• Like 2

Space Jam is amazing and it is so of it's time. You couldn't make this movie now.

And it Jordan's short lived baseball career as a plot point. Just for that it's brilliant.

Oh my word. Space Jam is fantastic. Its amazing in every way a basketball live action/cartoon movie can be. Guys, I proudly own the soundtrack to this movie. This movie gave us "I Believe I Can Fly"...but unfortunately also gave us "Basketball Jones" with Barry White and Chris Rock.

HDTGM must do this movie soon!!!

im torn on this one. its supposed to be ridiculous. it did what it set out to do, unlike most hdtgm movies. this is like spice world. don't take it too seriously.

i would argue that space jam is not bad enough for HDTGM. its not as bad as BarbedWire or Sleepaway Camp or the twilight flicks. it just looks bad now that we the former six year olds who watched it are grown up. I will admit i once owned the space jam soundtrack, one of my fav songs was I believe I can fly by R.Kelly. Watching all the greatest basketball players lose their talent was great.

I tend to agree with this. It was a movie made for kids, it would be like them doing an episode any other Disney movie. I'm sure they could tear it apart, and make fun of it well. But its not exactly a bad movie. It's just a kids movie, it doesn't really require a plausible plot, etc.

I tend to agree with this. It was a movie made for kids, it would be like them doing an episode any other Disney movie.

Come on, we all know "Max Keeble's Big Move" has it coming. For too fucking long, no one's gone after that sacred cow...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this