jklmr123

Most Awkward Podcast episodes

I won't spoil the specifics of it, but Doug had a pretty funny acknowledgement of this on the Bumbershoot episode.

• Like 1

The latest DLM (Adam Pally, Gillian Jacobs, and Werner Herzog) seemed really awkward to me. Doug sounded SUPER pissed when his music started up the second time right at the beginning.

Episode #73 of Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank is not exactly awkward, but it's heart wrenching:

http://www.arishaffi...odcast/page/31/

The latest DLM (Adam Pally, Gillian Jacobs, and Werner Herzog) seemed really awkward to me. Doug sounded SUPER pissed when his music started up the second time right at the beginning.

If he was pissed about that, then he did a good job of shaking it off and acting normal for the rest of the episode, which was great.

If he was pissed about that, then he did a good job of shaking it off and acting normal for the rest of the episode, which was great.

Yeah, I didn't sense any awkwardness at all.

I guess it was just me....well, this is awkward.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't sense any awkwardness at all.

I guess it was just me...well, this is awkward. double post. double awkward.

Whatever episode that Uhh Yeah Dude was on that show called Jordan Jesse Go. The guys from UYD talked so much shit when they realized how lame the hosts were.

• Like 1

The recent ep of Harmontown (69? 70?) where an audience member is invited to the stage, the crowd turns on her when she says something ignorant about LGBT and Dan is just laughing about it.

Whatever episode that Uhh Yeah Dude was on that show called Jordan Jesse Go. The guys from UYD talked so much shit when they realized how lame the hosts were.

Nooooooooooo, that was far more down to UYD social/podcast uptightness/awkwardness than any problem with JJGo. Seth and Jonathan talked a bit about that awkwardness on their WTF episode - the feeling that they're separate from the rest of the podcast world and how they relate to it. They don't host guests themselves and I think JJGo might even have been the first time they ever guested on another show, so they really seemed like fishes out of waters. That's not to say S & J are bad guys or anything, I still think they do a great job at UYD.

Jordan and Jesse are vets of podcasting and radio and over the course of almost 300 episodes have had maybe 3 awkward ones. You just don't get that kind of hit rate if you're lame.

• Like 1

Jordan Jesse lame? GTFO & DIAF.

The recent ep of Harmontown (69? 70?) where an audience member is invited to the stage, the crowd turns on her when she says something ignorant about LGBT and Dan is just laughing about it.

I felt bad for her because I kinda get what she was trying to say but wasn't articulating it very well.

There was an even weirder recent episode (the Communicon one) where a woman who was apparently very active in the Community fan community had said (on twitter or something, i dunno) like "Dan Harmon needs to keep his mouth shut". She was called up on stage and was very defensive and sounded very flustered, to the point where a friend of hers also got on stage to defend her. The thing was that Dan was basically agreed with her; I guess she was just uncomfortable being onstage and felt like she was getting attacked.

I was just thinking of a couple awkward NNF moments and both of them involved Pat Francis. The first was when they got into a discussion about Michael Jackson (I think it was right after he died) and Matt Belknap was kind of trying to defend Jackson a little bit and Pat started to get legitimately angry with Matt. It was so weird because Pat is generally the least serious of anybody.

The other one was the infamous mic-throwing incident when Jimmy couldn't get a word in edgewise between Pat and Matt, eventually exclaimed "Jesus Fucking Christ", hurled his mic across the room and walked out. The funniest part is Matt immediately putting the blame on Pat.

• Like 6

On a recent ep of DLM Bert Kreischer couldn't stop laughing hilariously at his own jokes and I was getting so frustrated while listening. I could only imagine how awkward and annoying it was to be there.

• Like 3

On a recent ep of DLM Bert Kreischer couldn't stop laughing hilariously at his own jokes and I was getting so frustrated while listening. I could only imagine how awkward and annoying it was to be there.

It was a little bit frustrating not to have a nice guest like Lauren Lapkus get more in, but I honestly did find myself enjoying that show. There's a real joy in completely overwhelming, giddy laughter for long stretches of time -- maybe a live podcast is not the best format for that, however.

He would be a great guest on DLM with Pete Homes, TJ Miller, or Jeff Garlin. I enjoy those glorious train wrecks.

• Like 3

He would be a great guest on DLM with Pete Homes, TJ Miller, or Jeff Garlin. I enjoy those glorious train wrecks.

It really would be interesting to hear how Bert would respond if Doug sicked the TJ and Pete Experience on him.

This may seem like a parroting comment which could have been handled with a simple "like", but apparently I'm all outta likes for the day and I just wanted you to know at least one other person on the planet agrees with you.

There was an Adam Carolla show live episode a while back with Elliott Gould that was pretty awkward along the lines of the Harry Dean Stanton episode of Doug Loves Movies. I think you can still find it on youtube.

Duncan Trussell Family Hour has two of the funniest podcasts I've ever heard with Tim Heidecker. They are intentionally awkward as comedy bits kind of like when Heidecker or Gelman comes on CBB. The one on May 18, 2012 is my favorite and the one on Oct 24, 2012 is also great.

Marc maron and Kumail Nanjiani were both on Doug Loves Movies last week and spent most of the episode ripping on each other. It was funny for awhile, then got weird.

They are on the complete opposite ends of the likeabilty spectrum. I can't hear Maron's voice without getting angry, I can't here Kumail's without wanting to play super smash bro's with him.

• Like 8

The episode of Who Charted with Giancarlo had quite a few awkward moments. Even the comment section got awkward!

Doug Loves Movies just had another one of the 'Most Annoying Guest' themes shows, but this one fell really flat and the UCB audience didn't go with the flow at all. TJ Miller and Pete Holmes were funny as always, but Bert Kreischer totally came off as if he was faking being awkward so be could be seen as "most weird". And poor Samm Levine shouldn't have been there at all because he's not annoying at all - he just takes the game super seriously. That all combined to create a kind of... well, sad listening experience, to be honest.

• Like 2

Doug Loves Movies just had another one of the 'Most Annoying Guest' themes shows, but this one fell really flat and the UCB audience didn't go with the flow at all. TJ Miller and Pete Holmes were funny as always, but Bert Kreischer totally came off as if he was faking being awkward so be could be seen as "most weird". And poor Samm Levine shouldn't have been there at all because he's not annoying at all - he just takes the game super seriously. That all combined to create a kind of... well, sad listening experience, to be honest.

Bert is something else... He was better with the "annoying" guys than with Lauren Lapkus but I still just can't come around to liking him. The "fat chick" jokes really killed the fun vibes.

• Like 1

One that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread: The awkward but hilarious appearance of Gallagher on Walking the Room.

• Like 1

The recent live episode of Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon grew increasingly uncomfortable with each passing minute. The guests barely tolerated Patrick's presence, the band outright hated him, and the show culminates in a cringeworthy family reunion. Jest feckin' awful.

• Like 13