jklmr123

Most Awkward Podcast episodes

The Pauly Shore episode of Hollywood Handbook.

He calls the host a 'homo.'

• Like 6

The Pauly Shore episode of Hollywood Handbook.

He calls the host a 'homo.'

honestly it's still one of my favorite episodes of HH. whenever the guest doesn't really "get" their whole shtick they are still able to make it a great episode. i felt uneasy at some of the stuff Pauly said but Hayes and Sean more than made up for it.

I went to the Getting Doug at UCB last month and once Todd Glass moved to the furthest seat from Doug, he was constantly trying to say stuff and someone else would start talking and he would just look really disappointing.

• Like 1

honestly it's still one of my favorite episodes of HH. whenever the guest doesn't really "get" their whole shtick they are still able to make it a great episode. i felt uneasy at some of the stuff Pauly said but Hayes and Sean more than made up for it.

I went to the Getting Doug at UCB last month and once Todd Glass moved to the furthest seat from Doug, he was constantly trying to say stuff and someone else would start talking and he would just look really disappointing.

Yeah, there's been a few awkward episodes of Getting Doug. The live episode with Tommy Chong - at one point he's asked about Bill Cosby and what he thinks about it. he replies "What, Bill? Oh it just goes to show that he was cheap." Suggesting that he didn't pay off the girls he victimized. He then clears it up by stating "Oh it's only rape if you're not getting paid". The reaction from the panel is amazing, Doug winces, Funches tilts back to suppress laughter, Megan Neuringer drops her jaw horrified.

Tommy ends up sitting next to Megan and starts chitchatting with her, asking her if she's a comedian, talking during the show but his mic picks it all up.

• Like 3

Yeah, there's been a few awkward episodes of Getting Doug. The live episode with Tommy Chong - at one point he's asked about Bill Cosby and what he thinks about it. he replies "What, Bill? Oh it just goes to show that he was cheap." Suggesting that he didn't pay off the girls he victimized. He then clears it up by stating "Oh it's only rape if you're not getting paid". The reaction from the panel is amazing, Doug winces, Funches tilts back to suppress laughter, Megan Neuringer drops her jaw horrified.

Tommy ends up sitting next to Megan and starts chitchatting with her, asking her if she's a comedian, talking during the show but his mic picks it all up.

oh god i have to watch that now hahah

Yeah every time Todd Glass or Pete Holmes are on GDWH, they're a bit bullied by Doug and sometimes other guests because they talk a lot. But I'd never miss an episode they're in because they're funny.

Doug mentioned that they'll do an episode with both of them, so that's going to be funny not awkward.

On another note the most awkward moment I've seen on GDWH and possibly any podcast is

Matt Besser says to Howard Kremer "face whoever you're talking to" out of nowhere as a joke.

And you can tell that everybody heard him and he immediately pretended like it didn't happen.

Plus the way he talks is really annoying, and it doesn't help that he's condescending and acts like he's doesn't want to be there.

Yeah every time Todd Glass or Pete Holmes are on GDWH, they're a bit bullied by Doug and sometimes other guests because they talk a lot. But I'd never miss an episode they're in because they're funny.

Doug mentioned that they'll do an episode with both of them, so that's going to be funny not awkward.

On another note the most awkward moment I've seen on GDWH and possibly any podcast is

Matt Besser says to Howard Kremer "face whoever you're talking to" out of nowhere as a joke.

And you can tell that everybody heard him and he immediately pretended like it didn't happen.

Plus the way he talks is really annoying, and it doesn't help that he's condescending and acts like he's doesn't want to be there.

he says "it faced whoever you're talking to" he's talking about the monkey's erect dick on the front of the pipe you idiot. don't project an imaginary bad vibe on the podcast just because you have it out for Besser.

• Like 3

Throwing another GDWH log on the fire, the episode with Jack Black is pretty great in terms of awkward energy. There isn't any animosity betwen Doug and Jack, but Jack is clearly not comfortable being high.He is freaked the hell out and at one point starts yelling out his safe-word which I think is 'grapefruit' but I'm probably wrong.

I don't know how you drew milk from that stone. You were digging deep!

Perhaps you were too Doug to notice that he was just saying that the pipe "faced whoever you're talking to"

Also: I'm pretty sure Matt has said on a few occasions that he loves that show, pretty sure he wasn't forced to be on there.

Gallagher walking out on Maron is a classic.

Also the Professor Blastoff episode on pick-up artists is pretty awkward.

• Like 1

I still cringe when I think about that live Who Charted #BestDayEver thing. Those Youtube stars were just awful. They weren't funny and they didn't get Howard at all. It should've just been Howard and Kulap. Or Howard and Kulap with Jon Dore and Garfunkel and Oates, who were also on that thing. It was all just a giant Chevy commercial anyway.

Since Kevin Smith was mentioned in this thread, I think it might be on sModCast?

The details of this are shaky for me because I was listening from afar, I think it might have been in relation to the Ariana Grande licking donuts and saying America is gross and whatnot- they were discussing the news story and Kevin's cohost started referring to her as stupid, then went on and on "this lady is a fucking retard. she's so stupid, she's a retard. she's like shortbus stupid. she should be wearing hockey equipment she's so stupid."

Made me a bit uneasy, it seemed like it was 20 years old but it was probably less than 20 days old.

The OP mentioned improv4humans #36. I was going to listen to it, but it's nowhere to be found. It had Paul Scheer, Casey Feigh, and Joe Hartzler. It must have been more than just awkward. Anyone know the story there?

The OP mentioned improv4humans #36. I was going to listen to it, but it's nowhere to be found. It had Paul Scheer, Casey Feigh, and Joe Hartzler. It must have been more than just awkward. Anyone know the story there?

I wish I knew too, must have been bad for them to delete the ep?

I wish I knew too, must have been bad for them to delete the ep?

Someone on the Earwolf subreddit said that about two minutes of a Hives song plays during the episode and that it may have been pulled for that reason. I guess they didn't want to salvage the rest of the episode.

I usually listen to the sillier podcasts like CBB so most of the "awkward" stuff is pretty soft, usually a guest not in the mood for farce.There was a CBB episode with Andy Dick and Janeane Garofalo that I actually had to turn off early on... at one point Andy starts to talk in detail about his latest fuck-up with the law and Janeane starts pleading for him to stop. Maybe things got better later on, but I couldn't follow-through after that. Speaking of Scott, his brief backstage "interview" with the Phish bassist in Analyze Phish was a bit cringeworthy.

Pretty much any of the live shows run the risk of an awkward encounter with an obnoxious crowd member... the Demolition Man episode of HDTGM was plagued by a woman constantly yelling things to the point that Jason, of all people, had to tell her to chill out. I know these are pretty tame examples when placed against the exploits of Maron and co, but when they happen on a show that otherwise runs without conflict, I find it difficult to go back to focus on the actual material afterward.

• Like 2

I usually listen to the sillier podcasts like CBB so most of the "awkward" stuff is pretty soft, usually a guest not in the mood for farce.There was a CBB episode with Andy Dick and Janeane Garofalo that I actually had to turn off early on... at one point Andy starts to talk in detail about his latest fuck-up with the law and Janeane starts pleading for him to stop.

That really made me dislike Garofalo. Part of the reason he has hit rock bottom so many times is because of people making choices for him.

cbjones: that's actually an episode I've listened to multiple times, although that's because of Adomian. I recommend sticking with it until his characters show up.

That really made me dislike Garofalo. Part of the reason he has hit rock bottom so many times is because of people making choices for him.

That was the tipping point? Heh I'm just being a bit of a dick- I don't care for Garofalo myself

• Like 1

And I agree the Pauly Shore ep of Hollywood handbag is awful.

He does try to admit early on that he doesn't really get what they're doing. He also doesn't ever seem to get it and gets MAD at Sean doing an impression of "j.....uice" told him not to do it like a homo yeesh lol.

As a hilarious contrast I had heard the Sinbad one just afterwards and howe instantly he got it and nailed it was amazing.

A friend of mine pointed out that Pauly is pretty much exactly the kind of Hollywood douche they're making fun of,so naturally he wouldn't get it.

The Champs with Chris Rock, only because of the Chris/Douggpound thing that got him fired/to quit. real sad, that was my favorite podcast, but without Douggpound it's pretty average

The Champs with Chris Rock, only because of the Chris/Douggpound thing that got him fired/to quit. real sad, that was my favorite podcast, but without Douggpound it's pretty average

get up off twitter.

• Like 1

What happened?