🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 87.5 — 8/3/12/ TWO CHARTED 26

Hey Chartists! This week’s Two Charted is a magnetizing episode complete with covers of the Ku-Ku & Wie-Wie charts! So join Howard & Kulap as they reminisce about SummahFest 3 and count down the Top 5 U.S. Olympic Athletes!

Holy SHIT at the Kulap remix. Damn, son.

• Like 3

Ku says it best. You are one of a kind Howard Kremer and you make us laugh soooooo much.

Meanwhile, even us damned foreigners should salute one particular US Olympic Athlete who wasn't on the chart. In 2007, when she was 15, Kayla Harrison's judo coach Daniel Doyle was given a 10 year federal jail term after she revealed that he had been abusing her since she was 12 years old. The crimes he perperated against her had put her in such a dark place mentally and emotionally she was contemplating suicide.

Five years later, with her fiance in the stands and the man she credits with saving her life - Jimmy Pedro, the coach who took her on after the ordeal - hollering instructions and support from the sidelines, Kayla Harrison became the Olympic Champion.

They make movies about stories such as these. Kayla Harrison is the real thing.

7ef2a3b27eefa58f482bf494d5e0fbd0.jpg

• Like 2

Cool story. Maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention, but I haven't heard anything about this, which goes to show how little the media focuses on the non-glamor sports even though they love human interest stories like this. Also, for a split second, I mis-read the new coach's name as "Jimmy Pardo", which would have been AMAZING.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this