🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Hello HDTGM peeps,

I just watched Passion Play and I was "carried away" by how bad this movie was!

If there is a possible next stage to Birdemic, this could be it.

It's like a remake of Michael but with Megan Fox in John Travolta's role.

The end of this film looks and plays a little like the end of Megaforce if you can believe it.

'Awful', a 'mess' and 'an absolute car wreck' have been used to describe the film.

Even Rourke has slammed the film saying: 'It's so bad. In your career and all the movies you make, you're going to make dozens of terrible ones.'

This movie holds a 3% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Here's the official synopsis:

A terrific cast will hold you spellbound in PASSION PLAY, a one of a kind seductive thriller from Mitch Glazer, the screenwriter of The Recruit. The last thing washed-up jazz musician Nate Pool (Academy Award®-nominee Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler) wanted to do was betray sinister gangster Happy Shannon (Academy-Award®-nominee Bill Murray, Lost in Translation). But it may be the last thing he does unless he can deliver Lily (Megan Fox, Transformers), a beautiful and mysterious carnival sideshow attraction. The stakes can't get any higher for the two lovers as they try to elude the merciless killer who will stop at nothing to keep Lily for himself. Kelly Lynch (Drugstore Cowboy) and Rhys Ifans (Notting Hill) costar in this gritty and unpredictable tale of redemption in the hard-boiled tradition of classic film noir.

Written & Directed by: Mitch Glazer

Starring:

Mickey Rourke, Megan Fox, Bill Murray, Kelly Lynch & Rhys Ifans

[media='']

[/media]

article-1388170-0C1E0DAA00000578-799_468x478.jpg

All you really needed to say was "Megan Fox plays a girl with actual wings." Although Mickey Rourke's comments help.

I haven't seen it (I'm still on the fence on whether I should bother), but I've read a spoiler for the ending... How anybody thought this was a good idea with that terrible a "twist" is beyond me. (Needless to say, it's pretty easy to guess what the "twist" ending is.)

Please review the 2010 drama Passion Play starring Mickey Rourke as a cowboy that kidnaps a winged Megan Fox from a carnival freak show and then sells her to a gangster played by Bill Murray. Karina Longworth says "it's hard to imagine that anyone will take Passion Play nearly as seriously as it takes itself." This box office hit cost 15 mil and made a cool $3500. You will not be disappointed.

It would never happen, but it would be awesome if they could get Mickey Rourke as the guest. He made some headlines when, before the movie came out, he mentioned in interviews that it was terrible (in one case, after apologizing for the first time he said it).

Sign in to follow this