🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 106.5 — Sklarbro County 11

We welcome Matt Price to the front seat on this week’s Sklarbro County! Matt joins Randy & Jason to talk about his new podcast Whale Cave, interviewing Shaq at a Nestlé Crunch camp for kids, and great comedy troupe names! We also get into some stories that include losing the only pair of keys to Wembley Stadium, Rex Ryan’s secret sensei, and a drunken man who wouldn’t stop. Plus, Bruce Jenner leaves an important voicemail regarding his situation with CIA operatives.

I have to say...not into the County. Loved Jay and Rand for well over 12 years (from Monday @ Largo). It's Sklar County, not Dan. This is the 4th episode where I have tried to keep my mouth shut. Why is this guy talking so much? He is not even a given or Givens for that matter. Let him do research. we heard the drunk girl situation 3 too many times.

Guys...this is your brand and he is crushing to boredom.

Obviously the Secret Sensei is Steven Seagal. There is only one Japanese-themed dude with the initials SS

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the name of the last song was? I don't think I heard them say the band name and its not on the Sklar music list blog yet.

Does anyone know what the name of the last song was? I don't think I heard them say the band name and its not on the Sklar music list blog yet.

The Soft Pack - Saratoga

• Like 1

I have to say...not into the County. Loved Jay and Rand for well over 12 years (from Monday @ Largo). It's Sklar County, not Dan. This is the 4th episode where I have tried to keep my mouth shut. Why is this guy talking so much? He is not even a given or Givens for that matter. Let him do research. we heard the drunk girl situation 3 too many times.

Guys...this is your brand and he is crushing to boredom.

Randy and Jason value Dan Van Kirk's contributions enough that they created a second show with the explicit goal of involving him in the conversation, and did so without changing the format of the original show you purport to love. If you do not enjoy Dan's contributions, it is quite literally the easiest thing in the world for you to not listen to the Tuesday show.

• Like 1

" it is quite literally the easiest thing in the world for you to not listen to the Tuesday show."

Regardless of the subject I always hate that “just don’t listen” mantra as a way of rebuffing complaints. It’s a cop-out. Why have a “comments” section for each show if not to receive feedback from the listeners, be it positive or negative? While factually correct it would end any problems the op would have with the amount of Dan Van Kirk he gets with the show, it goess against the inherent interactive nature of podcasts. I don’t proclaim to speak for the original poster but perhaps he will move on if what he sees as a problem isn’t rectified. If enough people express the same sentiment I think that would be beneficial constructive criticism for the Sklars, and for Van Kirk as well, to receive.

Regardless of the subject I always hate that “just don’t listen” mantra as a way of rebuffing complaints. It’s a cop-out. Why have a “comments” section for each show if not to receive feedback from the listeners, be it positive or negative?

If the OP had offered constructive criticism of any kind, I'd concede the point, but "you are boring" is not a useful critique of the show or its hosts.

Would you consider it a worthwhile exercise for a listener to argue against the central thesis of a show because it does not cater to their individual tastes? Is it beneficial to complain that too much time is spent talking about movies on Doug Loves Movies?

Again, the Sklars' stated goal for creating County was to involve Dan Van Kirk in the conversation. If I were them, and you told me I was "crushing my brand" by inviting a friend and regular collaborator onto the show, I would invite you to go fuck yourself.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this