🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 65 — Free For All/ Tig Update

It’s been a rough couple of weeks for everyone here at Professor Blastoff so this is a departure from a regular episode. Tig, Kyle, and David look at the positives and appreciate all the fans that are reaching out to offer help. We get Tig’s recollection of her infamous Largo set, her astonishment on how quickly word spread, and the future of Professor Blastoff.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad I got to relive Tig's Largo set on today's podcast. I too thought to myself once Tig opened her set, "I don't think anyone here knows that Tig is serious."

It was interesting to hear about Tig shuffling the roster for fear of what her set had in store for everyone. By the time Tig finished her set my thoughts were, "Ok, that's it, right? That's the end of the show? That has to be the end of the show. Who can follow that? That was AMAZING. Wow. WOW. I'm sorry, what's that, Tig? Bill Burr is here? And Tig's bringing him to the stage now? REALLY? Bill is a capable, experienced comic who has tamed the craziest of rooms, so he'll more than likely be capable of following Tig's earth-shattering set. But YEGADS. OH KAY. Let me collect myself. Let me ride this high into what Bill is saying." By the time Louis CK came on I was convinced I was having some sort of fever dream.

Listening to these podcasts is just... insane.

Tig, your well being is occupying a large space in my heart and mind, and I hope the surgery and upcoming treatments go the best they can, and that your recuperation is swift and super-charged.

• Like 3

Just wanted to say that I'm glad I got to relive Tig's Largo set on today's podcast. I too thought to myself once Tig opened her set, "I don't think anyone here knows that Tig is serious."

It was interesting to hear about Tig shuffling the roster for fear of what her set had in store for everyone. By the time Tig finished her set my thoughts were, "Ok, that's it, right? That's the end of the show? That has to be the end of the show. Who can follow that? That was AMAZING. Wow. WOW. I'm sorry, what's that, Tig? Bill Burr is here? And Tig's bringing him to the stage now? REALLY? Bill is a capable, experienced comic who has tamed the craziest of rooms, so he'll more than likely be capable of following Tig's earth-shattering set. But YEGADS. OH KAY. Let me collect myself. Let me ride this high into what Bill is saying." By the time Louis CK came on I was convinced I was having some sort of fever dream.

Listening to these podcasts is just... insane.

Tig, your well being is occupying a large space in my heart and mind, and I hope the surgery and upcoming treatments go the best they can, and that your recuperation is swift and super-charged.

I was there too! I wish I had met you.

• Like 3

Kyle: Finally a real message sent (as opposed to your "tweets"). I am you. I would do the same thing for my best friend. Tig has so much support and I am delighted (cause I Love her indefinitely). But I wanted to say how frigging admirable it is of you.

I do not spread out love so thin, so may I say...I was here for episode one and I love you all immensely.

I feel like the closing music, followed by the GI Joe style earwolf closer, even further trumps up Tig's bravery and overall badness of ass. It's like "tense, delicate, but funny... OK now we're intrepid and rocking out, let's do thissss!"

I was there too! I wish I had met you.

I had to zip out of there once the show finished because I was technically on an unofficial three hour lunch break from work! Thankfully, my coworkers hadn't noticed my lunch break went two hours over! ^_^ I made up the difference by staying at work for two hours past the end of my shift. I had bought the ticket before I realized I was covering someone's shift that night, so once I realized my mistake I started a-plotting, as there was no way I wanted to miss whatever was going to happen at Largo.

No regrets. I'd do it all over again.

1. Sending more love and prayers for the beautiful, brave, funny, amazing Tig.

2. Thank you to all my Twitter buds for sharing the #PBOparty experience. I love sharing listening to the podcast with you all. I love the funny, sweet, loving comments. It enhances the experience. I was so happy that Evita (@TigFansUnite) and Megan (@megan_ramold) got shout outs (shouts out?) They are great fans of PBO!!!!

3. I am excited that Tig and Kyle are moving to NYC. Hey, east coasters, let's pack their first club appearance with bodies and love!!!

4. I encourage everyone to go to ProfessorBlastoff.com and leave Tig a message of love and support. One line is all it takes.

5. Again, if you pray, please pray for Tig. If you don't then send good thoughts, vibes, energy. She is a doll and we can make a difference.

Well, that's been comment!

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this