🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 40 — Over Hard

Adam Pally, Seth Morris, and Gil Ozeri join Matt Besser for a venture through the pussy mines on this week’s improv4humans! Along the way they make up names for gum, get better acquainted to living without technology, debate about proper egg cooking terms, and are approached by a vengeful Bob Dylan. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

This is easily an all-time classic episode.

Wow - KMart and Target are comparable in Los Angeles? That either means you have really nice KMarts, or incredibly shitty Targets.

• Like 1

Wikipedia:

North Americans use many different terms to describe fried eggs, including:

• A style known simply as 'fried' — eggs are fried on both sides with the yolks broken until set or hard.
  • 'Sunny side up' — cooked only on one side; yolk is liquid; the egg white is set. This is often known simply as 'eggs up'. Gently splashing the hot cooking oil or fat on the sunny side uncooked white, i.e., basting, may be done to thoroughly cook the white. Covering the frying pan with a lid during cooking (optionally adding a cover and half-teaspoon of water just before finishing) allows for a less "runny" egg, and is an alternative method to flipping for cooking an egg over easy (this is occasionally called 'sunny side down').
  • 'Over easy' or 'over light', cooked on both sides; the yolk is a light runny and the egg white is fully cooked. "Over easy" fried eggs are also commonly referred to as dippy eggs or dip eggs by Marylanders, by Pennsylvania Dutch persons living in central Pennsylvania and those living around them, mainly due to the practice of dipping toast into the yolk while eating.
  • 'Over medium' — cooked on both sides; the yolk is of medium consistency and the egg white is thoroughly cooked.
  • 'Over well' — cooked on both sides until the yolk has solidified.
  • 'Over hard' or 'hard' — cooked on both sides with the yolk broken until hard.
  • 'Overcook' — cooked on both sides until the egg white and yolk have hardened and started to brown.

K Mart boasts an deft combination of poor selection, high prices, and the most surly, least helpful employees imaginable. Every K Mart I've been to seems like its coated with a thin gray film of dirt, illuminated with that antiseptic flourescent lighting -- the kind that would be used to light an operating room in a movie where a character is kidnapped by government agents and forcibly lobotomized. They also sell Little Caesars Pizza. Large pizza for $5, which I have not tried, because I have not yet given up on life.

I seriously can not believe K Mart has stuck around this long. I have a K Mart less than a mile from my house, and I still drive 10 miles to shop at Target.

I’ve ordered my eggs over hard every time forever. Never once had a waitress not know what I was talking about. Hahaha I was actually kinda getting mad at Adam Pally for that.

oH SHIT. I've never actually spit water or coffee or tea all over my keyboard laughing at a show...until just now when Matt besser said "James Holmes GUM". I just choked water out all ove the place from that.

I live in Colorado, lived in Aurora for a time. I actually was hoping Seth was going to go a little harder with the Aurora lines. I felt like you guys pulled back a bit on that whole sketch, then sortof went for it there at the end with the gun. I may be totally wrong, so if I am. ignore me.

Great lineup. Pally has killed every earwolf show he's appeared on.

If you still want a video suggestion, you might like the Super Broker Shuffle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSVDO6QY7k

It's a shitty video submission for some grocery store contest in the 80s. A bunch of southern white people rapping their grocery store version of Super Bowl Shuffle.

It's 4 minutes long, but for playback purposes you could probably cut it off a little over a minute in and get the point.

Chit-chat chit-chat chit-chat! Very funny episode, on the favorites list. Thanks Besser, by the way. Got 'FreakDance' on Amazon through the banner on the show page, finally. I think you nailed it, looks great on film.

I should mention that I also hate K-Mart. No matter where you live it's one of the trashiest places around.

I too would like to thank Besser, though i'm thanking him for the referral to "Stuff You Missed in History Class". I've listened to at least a dozen episodes since yesterday: Captain Kidd, Blackbeard, Gangsters, Hoaxes, Otzi the Iceman, Fox Sisters, Mad Trapper of Rat River, The Real Frankenstein, lost colony at Roanoke, death of Poe, death of Mozart...you get the idea.

I like the light touch, it dives in just enough and stays interesting throughout every topic. I'm an avowed history buff and this provides a nice counter to another fantastic podcast Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. Also I like that the hosts name, Dublina Truckerboardy, reminds me so much of my old Kindegarten teacher's name: Cuntalina Hitttler.

• Like 1

Great episode all around, but I need to admit Seth sorta bummed me out when he gave his interpretation of the overly excited train guy. I am certain he is onto something there, but he said that the guy most likely has Asperger’s and doesn’t know HOW to be excited. That is so tragic and most likely true, and I barely find joy out of that clip anymore. A very human observation out of Seth, either way, awesome show.

yes fuckin hilarious. this show is great makes me feel like I'm at UCB all the way up here in vermont

Man I need to listen to these episodes right as they come out since I totally did not get the James Holmes reference other then the call back to the gun / gum thing. That is a quality joke.

Yep it's one of the greats. The titular over hard argument is one of my favorite i4h moments.