🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CarolineEAnd

Episode 1 - Julie Klausner, Chris Gethard

Welcome to the first episode of The Fogelnest Files! Jake Fogelnest has scoured the Internet and his personal archives for cool stuff to show you. This first episode was recorded live at UCBEAST as part of the CBGB Festival with special guests Julie Klausner and Chris Gethard! Jake, Julie, and Chris have a civilized discussion about Punk rock by watching a series of clips which include; a tape faced Sex Pistols fan, Jello Biafra explaining the Beastie Boys to Oprah, an infomercial for a hardcore Punk CD compilation, The Ramones on Regis and Kathie Lee, and FEAR’s legendary performance on “Saturday Night Live.” Tweens enter at your own risk.

Wasn't sure what to expect. I'm really glad I checked it out. The show was really well done. Count me in for the next one! Thanks!

This episode floated my boat.

In a good way.

Really really cool podcast, I loved it. Chris Gethard, not only a fantastic improviser, talks with the most infectious inflection.

Holy shit this was one of my favorite podcasts ever! The content alone makes me love life.

First off, about Anal Cunt -- everyone should read this:

http://thelivingdoor...eth-putnam.html

Second, the one thing I was surprised that you didn't mention after playing the Fear on SNL clip was the fact that if the Fear gig had gone well, Black Flag was scheduled to play the following week.

And then I wanted to ask Jake: have you heard about New Wave Theater? There's a great book all about it and the guy behind it, Peter Ivers, who also wrote the Lady in the Radiator song for Eraserhead, "In Heaven, Everything Thing Is Fine."

Here's a great sample of the show, which would appear on Night Flight. It's a performance by the creators of "Rape Rock," the Mentors (I think their biggest hit was "Woman from Sodom").

If you don't like the music, skip to the last 2 minutes to see a sweet, WWF-like rant from El Duce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVNnpDLlPjM

TOTALLY FORGOT to say that I remember seeing the Fear performance on Comedy Central in the early-to-mid 90s when they re-ran 30 minute SNLs. It would always be 2 sketches, 1 song, 1 sketch, end. Don't know what the fuck I was doing watching a Doumainan era episode, but I vividly remember loving the song and losing my shit when I realized the lead singer was Lee Ving aka Mr. Boddy from Clue"

During the Fear clip, that is Ian Mackaye of Minor Threat and Fugazi along with other bands yelling "New York Sucks!!!"

In John Joseph's (singer of the Cro-Mags) autobiography "The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon" he goes into great detail about being at that taping

During the Fear clip, that is Ian Mackaye of Minor Threat and Fugazi along with other bands yelling "New York Sucks!!!"

In John Joseph's (singer of the Cro-Mags) autobiography "The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon" he goes into great detail about being at that taping

Yup! Here's John talking about it...

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this