🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 90 — Doom-Wop

Bringing his musical expertise to Who Charted? this week is Canada’s own Nick Thorburn! Nick joins Howard & Kulap to give out rap names, share his stance on Drake, and to tell us how he auditioned for The Book of Mormon. We also have a chart exclusive about the final live performance of The Unicorns during a game of Chart Darts!

Old people be hatin'! Loving the disses so far :)

I dont like Dick thorburn

I don't feel cool enough to like him, so I agree.

• Like 2

Great guest. My favorite show I've ever seen was Islands in a coffee shop at 11am on a sunday. It was a real nice time.

also, Kulap how are you done with True Blood? I feel like this season is the most exciting yet.

also, Jeremy Renner is weird looking.

also, Jeremy Renner is weird looking.

That's so odd to me. I feel like he's actually too normal looking to be a movie star. Like, if you were one of those caracaturist cartoonists you wouldn't be able to find anything in his features to wildly exaggerate to comic effect.

Bourne himself, Matt Damon on the other hand, now that is a dude with some odd face-bits. Your Leo DeCaprios and your Marky Mark Wahlbergs also lend themselves to weird face talk. Bradley Cooper has that in-built sleaze. Even the latest hunks on the block Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth have kind of odd eyes.

But Renner just looks utterly ordinary to me.

Kulap's going to have to start taking Howard to the movies if he's ever going to reach his goal!

DON'T HURT 'EM, NICK!

I agree with almost everything he said on the music chart.

I remember seeing The Unicorns get kicked off the stage in Minneapolis after 4 songs for speaking against Bush in '04. That's the only time I ever got to see them. Thanks, Clear Channel!

• Like 1

Bourne himself, Matt Damon on the other hand, now that is a dude with some odd face-bits. Your Leo DeCaprios and your Marky Mark Wahlbergs also lend themselves to weird face talk. Bradley Cooper has that in-built sleaze. Even the latest hunks on the block Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth have kind of odd eyes.

With the exception of Cooper, all of those guys you listed always appeared to me as having the same shaped square head.

Maybe that's the secret.

Howard, it's sometime hard to recall that things like THE THORN BIRDS (the miniseries that featured Rachel Ward and other people who don't matter in comparison, based on the novel by Colleen McCullough) were first on, at least, when KV was three and your guest was one...

Howard... Finish your Summah movie goal! It's 6 movies, you could do that in two nights at the multiplex!

Howard should get a pass on the movie promise. When you're having a Summah its hard to get to the multiplex. 12 movies of Christmas as a trade deal for Howard.

Howard should get a pass on the movie promise. When you're having a Summah its hard to get to the multiplex. 12 movies of Christmas as a trade deal for Howard.

How can you ask Wie Wie to celebrate the anti-Summah Holiday with 12 movies? That seems torturous!

I have been on the Linkin Park train since the day it left the station in 2000. To listen to Howard and some dude I never heard of take a dump on them, comparing them to when a dad buys his kid a guitar or whatever it was... That was really irritating. I understand their music isn't for everyone, and I'm totally fine with that. I'm not a fan of the dance music that is discussed on this podcast, but I like Howard and Kulap, so I stick around.

I'll just remind you that Linkin Park just released their 5th consecutive album to debut at #1, and the only album they've released that didn't reach #1 was their debut album Hybrid Theory. Which while never reaching #1, is in the top 10 for total album sales for the decade of the 2000's.

I understand that album sales aren't everything. But since this a chart podcast, I thought I'd drop some chart knowledge in here. I'd also point out that they are one of the best live bands around. By live band, I mean, they don't hit play on the CD player and dance around for an hour and change costumes a few times. They sing their balls off, play their own instruments, and put on a great show. Lastly, the progression from the first album through the last one is amazing.

That's it, I just hate that they were thrown under the bus for no reason, and that like of musicianship seemed to be one of the reasons.

• Like 1

Why was I not, at all, surprised when this jerk turned out to be from Toronto, he is EXACTLY the type of Toronto ass the rest of the country hates, fuck off hipster snotbag.

• Like 1

Escape the horrible season with some flicks throughout the months of non Summah

How can you ask Wie Wie to celebrate the anti-Summah Holiday with 12 movies? That seems torturous!

I'm not saying I don't have faith in the Summah King. Just don't want to see wie wie waste the last days of Summah in a movie theater.

This is the first time I've ever heard someone try to use a Netflix viewing marathon as some sort of substitute accomplishment. "Sorry son, I know that I promised I wouldn't miss your softball game, but I did watch 10 episodes of Breaking Bad. Now I'm all caught up! So, how about letting me off the hook?"

If he cant keep his word on this why should the fans expect him to keep his word on anything ever? Should I just take his word for it that the Have A Summah album isn't just a collection of differently titled .mp3's each containing 18 minutes of static? I don't think I can take that leap of faith anymore. Is the whole summah being great thing just another fib, just like this 12 movie summah debacle!? Also, I find it abhorrent that Howard is trying to use the Aurora tragedy as an excuse to go back on his word. If he goes through with this movie cop out, everything I thought I knew and respected about Howard Kremer will be called into serious question.

This is the first time I've ever heard someone try to use a Netflix viewing marathon as some sort of substitute accomplishment. "Sorry son, I know that I promised I wouldn't miss your softball game, but I did watch 10 episodes of Breaking Bad. Now I'm all caught up! So, how about letting me off the hook?"

If he cant keep his word on this why should the fans expect him to keep his word on anything ever? Should I just take his word for it that the Have A Summah album isn't just a collection of differently titled .mp3's each containing 18 minutes of static? I don't think I can take that leap of faith anymore. Is the whole summah being great thing just another fib, just like this 12 movie summah debacle!? Also, I find it abhorrent that Howard is trying to use the Aurora tragedy as an excuse to go back on his word. If he goes through with this movie cop out, everything I thought I knew and respected about Howard Kremer will be called into serious question.

If I might offer a slight criticism, I think this is a joke, but it's a bit too vitriolic to be certain.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this