🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 173 — Ride Like Hell

This week’s Comedy Bang Bang is a special co-host edition with none other than Werner Herzog! We’re also treated to the R&B stylings of the crowd pleasing Brent Weinbach! That’s not all, producer Scott Jeffries drops by to help keep the show on track and to promote the film Premium Rush. Plus, the guys become buddies during a game of Would You Rather? Don’t forget to pick up the Comedy Bang! Bang! LIVE Summer Tour episodes!

In case there's any doubt about Werner's story about getting shot near the top of the podcast, I can save you the trouble of Binging it on Google:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/ylXqc8TQ15w

"It's not significant. (...) It's not an everyday thing, but it doesn't surprise me, to be shot at."

• Like 6

Holy Helmut Döring, great episode!

Always a fan of PFT's Herzog. Paul Scheer killed. Brent Weinbach is the new King of R&B.

I would say more but I gotta hop on my fixie and ride like hell to the nearest cinemaplex to catch Premium Rush.

it makes me feel like a huge loser for noticing this, but is the water bottle in the pictures the one that slowly drove Kulap insane when it was left in her kitchen?

• Like 2

How is "Superman's Pal, Werner Herzog" not a thing yet? I would absolutely read that.

I created an account for the sole purpose of seconding this, the best idea in the history of the human race.

Herein I earn my Earwolf SuperGeek stripes: I heard Brent doing that "Cool Days, Red Hot Nights" song a long time ago, when he sang it over the phone on the "Eardrop" mini-Podcast. Up until now, I totally thought it was Paul Rust singing that song. Now, months and months later THE TRUTH IS REVEALED.

It's hard to find specific things on that "Eardrop" thing, but another thing that's worth searching out is Brent calling in as "Jeff from SBC".

• Like 1

I was on rotten tomatoes today after listening to the episode to discover that Premium Rush is in fact a real movie, and in fact it's tag line is "ride like hell". Holy shit.

• Like 1

WOOPS! I thought they were joking when they said UltimateDrummingTechnique was NSFW!

I just cracked up laughing at "This is like listening to a mirror".

• Like 1

Two Pauls, and Two Scotts. Nothing beats paul's first questions on WYR. Also, Nathan Lane should get credit as a guest for that little interjection from the frogs.

I'm surprised Werner didn't instantly go for the port-a-potty due to a life-long interest in making elemental phosphorus in the 17th century fashion by super-heating large quantities of urine. I imagine Werner would have been overcome with child-like glee at the opportunity to get his hands on so much of the stuff. Glowing... stinky... phosphorescent art.

I don't know if Scott works for the movie studio or if he's a freelance PR guy, but if he works in the music industry, he'd be an ideal candidate to promote Rodney Ogg's next album.

Great episode, but Scott (Aukerman) missed out on a golden opportunity for a call-back to "My wi-fi!"

• Like 1

I had the Cool Days song stuck in my head today...

Jesus Christ, why didn't someone warn me?!

it took me a whole 11 seconds before i realized what was happening :(

• Like 3

I love Paul Scheer's lack of trying on a character voice ever on CBB/CDR and how it's always brought up.

I was really hoping for Brent to bring back whatewers guy so much.

• Like 3

Maybe my sound system just isn't of a high enough quality, but I couldn't hear a sound when the drummer was pulling his crank. Was it a very low bass note?

• Like 1

I actually kinda wanted to see Premium Rush -- it looked like good dumb fun, the reviews are great, I'm an avid cyclist -- but now I feel a bit shitty about it.

Behold the power of Scheer.

• Like 1