🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

1) "Freaked" is incredible! I saw this movie SO much when I was in high school. I need to see it again, it's been so long...

2) Where the hell is all the spam on this site coming from all of a sudden?

• Like 1

Ha! I think I watched this movie out of order over three-to-five viewings when it was making the rounds on Cinemax 10 years ago. I remember liking it a lot; very twisted.

"Freaked" would make for an excellent episode of "How Did This Get Made?"

Like "Nothing but Trouble", it's one of those weird movies from the early 90's that you saw on cable all the time as a kid and probably had an odd fascination with.

And also like "Nothing but Trouble', it will probably make you vomit.

Dudes! I actually was getting Freaked mentally confused with Nothing But Trouble when they first started describing it.

I don't know, the main selling point of NBT as a HDTGM movie was the combo of big budget, big stars, and NO JOKES.

I guess the concept of what counts as a joke is kinda subjective, but I used to laugh at/with Freaked a lot in college.

I lived through the 90s, but I still couldn't tell you what was going on that brought about things like this and Nothing But Trouble. Prozac maybe?

Is Randy Quaid a Canadian yet? LOL

wow, Larry 'Bud' Melman is in this too.

as The Bad Lieutenant:nick cage would say "You've found pirate treasure!

This is one of the weirdest/worst movies that many people have never seen. I will try to summarize the plot as best as I can.

FreakedVHS.jpg

Alex Winter of Bill & Ted fame (Bill S. Preston Esq., of course), makes his directorial debut & also plays the main character Ricky Coogan, a hot shot American actor. Coogan is asked to be the spokesperson for this toxic fertilizer by EES (Everything Except Shoes Corporation). They offer him $5 Million to fly to South America to begin advertising. Ricky and his "comedic" best friend Ernie fly to "San Flan," and team up with an environmentalist protestor Julie. On the way to their destination, they see signs for a "Freek Show," and stop to see what it's all about. They're met by Elijah Skuggs (Randy Quaid), who coerces them to step into his shed for a private freak show, but instead transforms them into freaks, and holds them captive. The rest of the movie is Ricky, now "The Beast Boy," trying to help his new crew of freaky friends escape Elijah's grasp.

There is a really random cast, including Mr. T, Bobcat Goldthwait, Brooke Shields; and the cast of "freaks" is moderately comical, my favorite being The Hideous Frogman (a Frenchman in a wet suit). The movie does have it's funny parts, but it's very few. Many of the jokes are of the overdone Hollywood fart-joke genre, and have you rolling your eyes. It's kind of hard to watch on all fronts.

I remembered watching this as a kid and thinking it was a bad movie. I attempted to watch it online (full movie on YouTube), and can also be found on DVD and Blu-Ray with a release date slated of Aug. 6th. YouTube is really your only option here. I've had to break it up into pieces, because I could only take so much; it's that bad. If my adult-self and kid-self both agree, then I'm sure HDTGM would also.

This movie is shit.

Anyone else out there ever sat through this turd?

• Like 2

I LOVE this movie, but I haven't seen it in forever. I heard about the upcoming BLu Ray release when ALex WInter was on The Nerdist podcast last month. I never realized that he'd done so much on the other side of the camera since seemingly dropping off the face of the Earth a couple decades back.

But yeah, this thing used to be on cable non-stop back in 1994-1995 or so, and I rented it numerous times as well. It's totally absurd, and I can't wait to revisit it again soon. That sure is a lot of milk men...

I love this movie; I used to own it on VHS. It's weird and over-the-top and pretty self-aware of how cheesy and corny it is. Among the movies they've done, I'd definitely liken it to Nothing But Trouble.

- Mr. T as a bearded lady

- Giant eye as a security system and it's Rastafarian for some reason

- Randy Quaid as an over-the-top Randy Quaid evil redneck circus mad scientist

- An evil corporation called "EES" which apparently stands for "Everything Except Shoes" because they hate shoes

- Alex Winter has a strange, somewhat creepy telepathic link with a little dorky kid

- Keanu Reeves has an uncredited role

Whether you love or hate this movie, you definitely wonder to yourself, "how did this get made?"

Yeah I remember this from growing up and have been trying to find it for the longest time but I thought it was called "Freaks" instead of "Freaked". I remember liking it, but then again I was young and liked pretty much anything with creature effects and stuff like that. Definitely going to watch it again and see how I feel abut it as an adult.

Yeah I remember this from growing up and have been trying to find it for the longest time but I thought it was called "Freaks" instead of "Freaked".

It must have been so confusing when you got "Freaks" from Netflix and you were wondering why there were rich dwarfs and limbless guys going around instead of Mr. T as the bearded lady.

• Like 1

- Giant eye as a security system and it's Rastafarian for some reason

The eyeballs were "Rastafar-EYE," which I think therein lies the joke.

And to be completely honest, the link I posted for YouTube is NOT the full version. I thought the other day after posting I'd try to finish it...and it ended with about 20 minutes or so missing on the back end. So if anyone has any suggestions for watching prior to the Blu Ray & DVD Release next week, I'd love to hear it.

I remember seeing this movie, but all I can vaguely picture in my head is some kind of worm/man that really enjoys maccaroons.

Wow This movie takes me back...

I remember the first time I wached it in the mid-'90 when they showed it on Cinemax and I never saw it again until recently...

Back then I was not aware of Alex Winter and the "Bill & Ted" Movies ( I can't imagine what "Bill & Ted" fans felt when they watched "Freaked" )

I personally liked it... I want to see it again so I can figure out how my 27 year old self feels about it...

One of my favorite scenes is the reveal of Alex Winters character at the end when they turn on the talk show studio lights... hahaha

If HDTGM makes an episode of "Freaked" I will be happy :D

I adore this movie. It's legitimately fucking weird and inexplicable (How Did This Get Made? indeed), but I'm just so glad it exists. Alex Winter has my eternal admiration for accomplishing this feat of filmmaking I-don't-know-what. A unique combination of studio miscalculation, a filmmaker's ambition, and opportunity brought to life this commercial bomb and artistic victory. I use the word "artistic" in all seriousness too. Sure, that "Rastafar-EYE" pun is extra dumb, but this is a movie willing to spend the money to actually build those animatronic suits just for that fucking pun. I mean, that's fucking insane. And I love it.

I remember seeing this movie, but all I can vaguely picture in my head is some kind of worm/man that really enjoys maccaroons.

It's the exact opposite. Robert Englund's worm-man hates maccaroons. This movie is crazy. So happy other people think this would be great on HDTGM.

I can't stress enough that I don't think this movie is necessarily BAD, but it is so off the wall bananas that I'd love to hear what the HDTGM crew would have to say about it.

direct quote from EYE AND EYE The Rastafarian security team: Dats a fulla hole mon!

Please do this movie. It really is bonkers.

I don't know how well this would work for HDTGM. I consider it to be a great movie, it's goofy but everything works in my opinion not much to make fun of.

I love this movie so much it was such a deep part of my childhood for some unknown reason. It just grabbed my soul and held on tight. I must have seen it hundreds of times. I love Alex Winter and in my eyes he can do no wrong. This movie is so so so so so wrong, it's just right. Randy Quaid makes the best redneck freak show owning secret mad scientist working for a huge corporation villian in a film ever. Please do this movie the 12 year old that definitely should not have been watching this movie, needs it so much.

The eyeballs were "Rastafar-EYE," which I think therein lies the joke.

It is actually slightly more clever than that.

There are two eyes, "eye and eye".

"I and I" is approximately "we" in Rastafarian language (technically "we and God/Jah").

fuck yes, do FREAKED!!

I completely adore this movie, the best Mr T performance to date in anything, as the Bearded Lady.

(not taking the piss, he's great!)

This would be an amazing candidate for a Punisher:War Zone / Crank2 Director Special.

Alex Winter seems like a pretty open and reachable guy, would make a great guest.