🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 42 — Quadruple Mix-in

I'm SO behind on my podcast listening since quitting my job... but I just HAD to let this one skip ahead in line and hear it right away.

Best. Episode. Ever.

Bring back this dream team a million more times please and thank you.

p.s. I still can't accept that BFF is cancelled, and have watched every episode upwards of 10 times now. It was magical, and I refuse to ever let it go

• Like 3

Hopefully, they spent two hours fucking around in the studio and next Tuesday we can look forward to a full hour bonus episode. OK, I know that's probably not going to happen but it would be so awesome if it did.

• Like 1

Registered just to say

BEST I4H YET. This is the ep I'm going to let the uninitiated hear first.

My favorite IFH music returns! Should be the official theme song!

I can't think of a good way to open this post but I'd like to acknowledge that my question is pretty fucking weird.....

Does anyone know where I can find an article about "fecal blow through (FBT)"?

I found this news story about a microbiologist who discovered traces of "fecal organisms" all over the seat, headrest, armrest and floor of four East Texas movie theaters, but there's no promotion of an FBT-type theory in regards to how it got there.

(Also in super-fucking-gross movie theater related news, I found this review of "The Hypocondriac's Handbook" where someone, presumably in reference to one of the book's factoids, mentions that researchers found "vaginal bacteria" on a movie theater seat.)

So please, post a link to the story Jessica was referring to. I work full-time at a movie theater and I'd love another reason to hate my life.

In closing, WOMP UP THE JAMZ!

Easily a top 3 episode. You just can't beat that built in chemistry that Lennon/Jessica/Jason have.

Lennon continues to impress me.

I found it really funny that yesterday saw the release of this episode, featuring Jason playing a political candidate named Gary Marshall ("Not the director."), and an episode of Louie featuring the real Mr. Marshall ("Please, call me Garry!").

• Like 1

So, so good. Lennon's male characters had me gasping for breath. The rapid fire crossover jokes from bit to bit show how brilliant each of these four are. Thanks for such an amazing episode!

• Like 2

Dead on Isaac. The awareness in this episode was off the charts. Also possibly the hardest I have ever heard Besser laugh.

• Like 1

Turns out that St. Clare (the original spelling) really is the patron saint of TV. Go figure.

Also, amazing episode! Easily one of the best, which is really saying something.

• Like 1

I actually giggled with joy when I saw the lineup. And man, it did not disappoint. Just completely off-the-rails stuff, and the chemistry between Jason, Jessica and Lennon is unparalleled. Lennon was already one of my top five favorite guests on the show, but she might have shot to number one after this. We MUST have this lineup again!

This was a great episode. I'm ordinarily not a tremendous fan of humor with an intense scatological focus, but the level of talent at work here made the appeal undeniable. I haven't laughed that hard at a podcast in some time.

I only hope that there is more material remaining from this session for a "bonus episode" next week. Here's hoping....

Is your username in reference to the awesome soundgarden drummer?

Nope. Real name.

"Don't forget Page!"

1. I actually have a little plastic statue of St. Clair on top of my TV.

2. If this wasn't the funniest episode of Improv 4 Humans yet I'd love to see a funnier one. It's not so much that the talent was any higher than the average episode (though everyone involved is certainly fantastic) but the chemistry... my god, everyone seemed on the exact same page from the start and when that happens it's just fucking magic. This and the McKay/Gethard episode are the cream of the I4H crop.

Did any of you listen to Jason on You Made it Weird? Really good show overall. The reason I'm bringing it up here is that there were two areas of overlap between that show and this one (not sure which show was recorded first) which I found pretty funny.

1) There was a discussion involving an ice cream parlor, and a joke about using something gross as a mix-in.

2) Jason told a story involving some major fecal blowthrough.

• Like 1

you guys have no idea how hard it is not to laugh out loud in the room during episodes like this

I was listening on the subway, and using every bit of restraint not to laugh out loud.

Totally agree with everyone here. Best I4H episode ever. From someone who has heard every ep and bonus ep.

Lennon and Jessica need to get their own podcast. Whomp it up? At long as it doesn't stop them from their next TV deal. BFF was amazing and will be dug up for cult status after their next one hits.

Best episode ever! (Although the last two full episodes that have gone up since this had some killer moments as well, this episode was hilarious throughout!!)

I love it when Besser stumps for quality entertainment.

Sign in to follow this