🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 174 — Series Regulars

Oh, hello Comedy Bang Bang listeners. First time guest Lizzy Caplan joins us this week with return guests John Mulaney and Nick Kroll! They discuss Lizzy’s new film The Bachelorette, more info on the Party Down movie, and LL Cool Jason Alexander. Series regulars, George St Geegland & Gil Faizon drop in to talk about auditioning for The Newsroom, their new show Black Shenanigans, and Robert Evans’s barf. Plus, a ghostly game of Would You Rather? Don’t forget to pick up the Comedy Bang! Bang! LIVE Summer Tour episodes!

• Like 1

I must have entered an alternate dimension where awesome things happen. This line up makes me wanna say, "Ooooohhhhhhhh, hello."

I particularly enjoyed the fact that this episode included references to people named "Lon Caan," "Lon Faizon," and "Lon Gunderwear."

• Like 3

The very fact that Lizzy Caplan and John Mulaney have existed in the same room together makes me alarmingly giddy. Great show.

• Like 1

in real life dovakin i believe is a reference to the video game Skyrim, in which you play as a character known as "dragon born" or dova-kin..

no, i am not a virgin

• Like 1

Amazing episode. Everyone is on fire.

Maybe I'm just still in the afterglow of the Breaking Bad finale, but I think this is the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Literally the exact same thought process.

"Hand me that scooper."

Classic.

That section where they were doing Lizzy’s new film The Bachelorette tickled me so much I had to stop what I was doing (walking along a scaffold) to compose myself and prevent my own demise. Kroll and Mulaney rock my world when they're apart. But when they're together ...

I'm sure I don't need to finish that sentence.

• Like 2

Mulaney is the best. Buy all his stuff. I did, and I have no regrets. His cd is amazing, and his dvd special is also amazing. Pretty amazing guy all around, as this episode will attest. #WhatsNewPussycat

I was stoked when I saw the guests for this episode, and it didn't disappoint!

Also realized how much I would love a Party Down reunion episode of Comedy Bang Bang. A lot of the funniest episodes for me are the ones with guests who have worked together and/or are friends. C'mon, Childrens Hospital did it.

I found the whole thing a little low-energy this week, to be honest, but I think that's more me than the show – my personal tastes run towards the manic Andy Daly/PFT/Adomian-type characters than the slow-burn characters.

Lizzy's a champ, though. I love it when guests start the show a little bit behind the eight-ball and then catch up fast.