🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sorrykansas.com

October horror themed suggestions

Not to mention, people do make a big deal about those people being in bombs. "Knight and Day," anyone?

Also, when they bomb, they bomb in the millions. "Oogieloves" bombed below a million. BIG difference.

Thing with "OogieLoves" though (and with "Creature" as well) was that it was a bad idea from the start, like there was no WAY it was going to be successful as a theatrically-released film, no matter how much money was thrown at it. It took a lot of time, money, and effort to fuck themselves as badly as they did. Sure, the stakes are higher when it comes to big blockbuster fare, but it's going to make it's money back somehow, whether it's through international sales, home video, TV, etc., and when a Tom Cruise movie underperforms, it's not putting anyone out of business (unless of course it KEEPS happening). The companies that put out shit like "OogieLoves" and "Creature" should have set their sights considerably lower, maybe use the money that it would have taken to promote a theatrical release into getting some other projects off the ground, build up a good foundation and some goodwill instead of putting all their eggs in one basket.

• Like 1

My suggestions are as follows:

• "Leprechaun 4: In Space" - This movie boasts a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes plus, it's Leprechaun... in SPACE! Need I say more?
  • "Leprechaun 5: Leprechaun in the Hood" - Leprechaun, meet Ice T. (Please, at the very least, just watch the trailer for this)!
  • And my personal favorite, the 1991 3D classic "Nightmare on Elm Street 6: Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare" - Most notable scene for me is when Freddy blows up (spoiler alert) and a bunch of sperm-like Freddy's shoot at you in 3D. This film cannot be missed.

• Like 1

The good news for you is that Leprechaun in Da Hood is episode 22.

One of the greatest terrible horror movies of all time just showed up on Netflix Instant, and it follows the HDTGM trend of a rotten sequel to a beloved original (just like Jaws: The Revenge!). Watch Linda Blair grow up (a little) and tempt Father Richard Burton in 1977's Exorcist II: The Heretic...

William Friedkin, the director of the original classic, The Exorcist, said about this sequel, "I was at Technicolor and a guy said ‘We just finished a print of Exorcist II, do you wanna have a look at it?’ And I looked at half an hour of it and I thought it was as bad as seeing a traffic accident in the street. It was horrible. It’s just a stupid mess made by a dumb guy – John Boorman by name, somebody who should be nameless but in this case should be named. Scurrilous. A horrible picture."

Chosen by a poll of the readers of the Golden Turkey Awards as the second-worst film of all time, it also failed big-time financially, and caused great laughter in theaters upon its release (leading to an unsuccessful recut by Boorman that did little to effect the laughs/scares ratio).

One of the greatest terrible horror movies of all time just showed up on Netflix Instant, and it follows the HDTGM trend of a rotten sequel to a beloved original (just like Jaws: The Revenge!). Watch Linda Blair grow up (a little) and tempt Father Richard Burton in 1977's Exorcist II: The Heretic...

Chosen by a poll of the readers of the Golden Turkey Awards as the second-worst film of all time, it also failed big-time financially, and caused great laughter in theaters upon its release (leading to an unsuccessful recut by Boorman that did little to effect the laughs/scares ratio).

I used to frequent a bad-movie website where several of the writers said their fascination with bad movies started with "The Exorcist II." And if a movie can inspire such greatness in a website that I'm awkwardly trying not to name, doesn't it deserve the HDTGM treatment?

Another memorably bad horror sequel is also now available on Netflix Instant: 1981's Omen III: The Final Conflict.

I have great memories of this one, as my friends and I saw it in the theater. Believe it or not, we had all read the novelization of this movie (yes, back then this was the burgeoning film geek's primary source of spoiler information...), and we were excited to see the "skeleton dogs" that Damian used to kill a few enemies in the book. So we go to the movie, and we see Sam Neill as the now grown-up, soon to be POTUS Damian, and we keep waiting for the dogs. And waiting. Finally, my goofy friend Dan starts chanting "BONEDOGS, BONEDOGS, BONEDOGS" during every boring scene of political maneuvering ('cause that's what the Omen audience wants). The bonedogs never make an appearance.

Also, this movie has a group of 7 Deadly Priests (the Vatican has antichrist assassins, as you know) led by Rossano Brazzi (the guy from South Pacific). His accent is so thick, when he says "the Antichrist," which is a lot, it sounds like he's saying "Dandy Christ." The movie is not far removed from one of those Pink Panther sequences where assassins repeatedly fail to kill the clueless Inspector Clouseau -- only this time, I guess the fate of the world is in the balance. Oh, and I think Jesus shows up at the end.

I'm new to the forums but, I'd suggest Wild Zero where Japanese rock band Guitar Wolf fights aliens, zombies, scuzzy club owners and the gender binary. (this and Takashi Miike's movie Ichi the Killer seem like obvious precursors to Crank 2!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWPB6YdK28

or Lucio Fulci's The Beyond. A priest kills himself and opens a portal to hell, which includes man eating tarantulas, a blind girl with a killer dog, a haunted hotel, a zombie filled hospital, sentient shards of glass, and people that sleep while acid falls on their faces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leianwECphA

I also agree that Hausu would be perfect....

Some good ones:

AVP Requiem.

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. (This is a Troma film, so it might not count).

The Gingerdead Man or it's sequel.

Rubber, a film about a killer psychic car tire.

Jack Frost 2. The second film in the series about a killer snowman. The first film isn't even so bad its good, but the second one really is a blast.

Some good ones:

AVP Requiem.

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. (This is a Troma film, so it might not count).

The Gingerdead Man or it's sequel.

Rubber, a film about a killer psychic car tire.

Jack Frost 2. The second film in the series about a killer snowman. The first film isn't even so bad its good, but the second one really is a blast.

Doesn't this one take place in Jamaica or something? I think I've seen it.

First of all, Rubber is awesome.

Secondly, you HAVE to do American Pyscho 2. Shatner and Mila Cunis stars and well just watch the trailer and while you do think about the first movie.

PLEASE DO The Hand That Rocks The Cradle! a.k.a B-Movie version of Fatal Attraction. The setup of the movie's premise is absolute insanity, Rebecca De Mornay has the craziest reations to anything, The fact that Annabella Sciorra's character has Asthma and uses an inhaler, The fact that Julianne Moore is in this and her scene in the Greenhouse. And do not get me started on Ernie Hudson, who is playing a MENTALLY DISABLED PERSON. Does that play into the plot? Take a guess.

Just sum it all up with that famous line. "It's my family." This would be perfect for you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjtfG8r14Uk

I second this. The movie is very watchable, but it is also absolutely bonkers.

Sign in to follow this