🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Doombot8336684

What Horror Movies Should The Gang Do In October?

Hey guys, October is around the corner which means that the gang should take some suggestions for horror films to be discussed on the show. I've been a fan of horror films ever since I was 6 years old and Halloween is always a magical time of the year me, as it is for most horror fans.

The suggestions should be films that had a theatrical release of some kind (to weed out the tons of straight to video crap that the genre produces every month) and ones that are so over the top and campy that it will make the gang laugh hysterically while watching.

I have a few suggestions that I would love to hear discussed on the show: Jason X, The Seed of Chucky, Troll 2, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, Aliens vs Predators: Requiem, The Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, Dracula 2000, and The Haunting (1999).

How about you guys? I'd love to hear some suggestions from hardcore genre fans and hopefully the gang will view this and pick some of our choices.

Hey guys!

I would love to hear what you think about the AMAZINGLY terrible Thanksgiving themed horror movie "Thankskilling". If you need any reason for why you should watch this, the opening scene ends with the line "Nice tits, bitch!", spoken by a killer turkey to a woman dressed as a Pilgrim.

Thanks for the great show!

Thankskilling is a ridiculous film and one that shares a special place with the Gingerdead Man and Jack Frost about unconventional killers in horror movies. If you want to see something even more over the top and ridiculous, check out Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead from Lloyd Kauffman and the guys over at Troma. You can view the whole movie for free at YouTube on the Troma channel. Troma has pumped out ridiculous B movie classics like The Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis Must Die, Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid, SGT. Kabukiman, NYPD, etc.

How about Halloween III: Season of the Witch? In this installment of the franchise, the producers abandoned the Michael Myers killer plot from the first two films and decided to do something completely unrelated. Instead, this movie centers around an evil toy company that makes masks that turns kids' heads into bugs and snakes or something when a visual clue is played. Bad plot, lame characters, and worst of all it's just more gross than scary.

• Like 2

I recommend (highly) Spike Lee's "Tales from the Hood". Actually I think Spike Lee just produced it. It's a lot of fun to watch and the HDTGM crew would have a field day. And Jason would be pissed. Good times.

• Like 1

The Happening. This has to happen some time.

MotorboatJones took the words right out of my mouth. In fact, I second his nomination. Fucking too the words right out of mouth! Halloween III: Season of the Witch is soo crazy, I don't recall EVER watching it. It wasn't till watching history on John Carpenter they brought the movie up. Ever since I was seven, I thought Halloween 4 was three. If that doesn't wet your whistle, lets do a three-parter and Halloween 4&5 then bitch about 6.

How about Halloween III: Season of the Witch? In this installment of the franchise, the producers abandoned the Michael Myers killer plot from the first two films and decided to do something completely unrelated. Instead, this movie centers around an evil toy company that makes masks that turns kids' heads into bugs and snakes or something when a visual clue is played. Bad plot, lame characters, and worst of all it's just more gross than scary.

• Like 1

There are a lot of great suggestions already, but since the topic came up I was reminded of the truly horrible Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth. It was originally intended to have a theatrical release, because of the obvious similarities with Scary Movie, the studio decided to release it direct-to-video (and you can see why). With 3.7/10 stars on IMDB and featuring Coolio, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, and Tom Arnold, it's crazy horrible in the most hilarious way possible.

Halloween III has it all. Awesome one-liners, senseless murder, Irish robots and a John Carpenter soundtrack, H3 is one of the most bonkers batshit films to ever feature a child vomiting insects and snakes. Not since William Shatner in Kingdom of the Spiders has there been a more badass and charismatic leading man as Tom Adkins is in this film. Season of the Witch is the definition of unbelievable. It's a must-fucking-see. 5★s

Street Trash would be a good one. Mr. Mantzoukas would probably lose it watching that. Then there is Terrorvision, which I think has uncle rico from Napoleon Dynamite in it. Then, some other honorable mentions would be Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3, which is garbage vomiting garbage.

Fear dot com Is a really bad movie. I only saw it once when I was twelve do I can't remember if its fun to watch, but it is terrible.

Since we're 1/3 of the way through October, this is probably much too late to make a suggestion, but Dracula 2000 really should have derailed Gerard Butler's career.

Halloween III isn't a bad suggestion but I would maybe go with Halloween H20.