🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 176 — Out of Bleeps

Au revoir, M. le Okkerham! Au revoir pour maintenant, et bientôt... pour toujours!

This. This is the best thing I've ever seen on the Earwolf message boards.

• Like 2

When Mantzoukas said his favorite article of clothing was his white shirt, he should have said it was his only article of clothing. Seriously, look at his photos.

• Like 2

Also, I think Amy should market one of those iPhone apps that gives your digital photos a retro-70s look. It would be called "Poehleroids".

Call me, Amy! I've got ideas!

• Like 6

Speed round!

I love that Amy agrees with Occams Razor and then in the last question, gives the most opposite example of Occams Razor as her answer. Scott nailed her!

I noticed that too, and that, somehow, made it more funny.

Au revoir, M. le Okkerham! Au revoir pour maintenant, et bientôt... pour toujours!

Let us remember the fable of the scorpion and frog, and let it heal us and teach us morals.

My favourite part of any James Adomian episode is hearing him laugh super hard in the background before his character is introduced. You can tell he's having fun.

• Like 15

Here's something interesting...

Any time Jason is on CBB, it WILL be on fire. Bing it on google and check out the facebook page you guys! Its true!

• Like 3

what else can I say that has not been said? Legendary lineup. I was listening to this on my walk, and my knees buckled during the "all senators have names that reflect their states" convo. Wish they did more! Paula Skier from Colorado? Nelson Potato from Idaho? I could go all day, folks!

what else can I say that has not been said? Legendary lineup. I was listening to this on my walk, and my knees buckled during the "all senators have names that reflect their states" convo. Wish they did more! Paula Skier from Colorado? Nelson Potato from Idaho? I could go all day, folks!

Let's not forget former Senator (and current president) Barack O-Lincoln from Illinois!

Well I don't enjoy exotic pets. You can bet all the rest that'll take my name. You know I used to have a dog. I used to have a cat. I used to do that. I used to give 'em food. I used to change their moods. I used to be like, "What's up y'all? Let's go get some shoes!" I used to by my dog some shoes. And he would walk down the street and be, "What's up bitches?" Dogs are bitches. Female dogs are bitches. I'm not saying something bad, female dogs are bitches. (Uh-huh) I got my riches. You better take it and buy me some more cars so I can break it. The sound barrier when I drive fast. I can do things, make sure that they last. I can talk about the future and the past. Cuz I'm gonna buy a boa constrictor and put it around my neck. Exotic pets, are the best. Exotic pets (Uh-huh), are the best. Exotic pets (What?), are the best. (Oh-ooooh!) Go on and get yourself a white monkey!

That's a (w)rap!

Also? I'm never going to be able to see nylons the same way ever again.

• Like 2

This was my first time listening to CBB on the highway, and I was having a hard time keeping a grip on the steering wheel right around "nylons in my butthole" because I was laughing so hard.

Definitely going in the top funniest episodes ever

NEW FAN VIDEO: A Video-ization of an excerpt from the podcast, Comedy Bang Bang: episode 176 "Out of Bleeps" Freestyle rap battle featuring Amy Poehler, Jason Mantzoukas, Scott Aukerman and James Adomian (as Tom Leykis). The topic of this rap battle is "Scorpions", suggested by Earwolf intern Caroline E. Anderson. 09/17/12

Edited by Frank Pulaski, DreamTyme Films

• Like 7

Amy is what made this episode so great. Leykis is the kind of character that can get very annoying very quick--because the real Leykis is so annoying, of course. Jason also has a very funny voice but sometimes it can get loud and abrasive. If it had turned into an argument with Jason and James constantly trying to top each other, it could have been a disaster. But I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best episodes this year.

Amy Poehler was absolutely brilliant at finding ways to talk to him/deal with him that added to the humor of the situation. I think this episode really showed off how great at improvising Amy is. Not only because she said funny things, but because she is so damn good at balancing the situation, at figuring out what's funny and going with it.

• Like 1

Adomian's vocal ability is one thing, but what pushes his work into the realm of untouchable is his mind. There are one or two on his level but there are none better at being a ridiculous character than he is.

Always love Jason on the show and very few things put joy into my heart as much as a freestyle from Amy and Scott was on top form too, especially with the speed round idea. A+ for this episode.

i don't know why, but Auckerman's genius is really getting me today.. "from what i understand, it's the nation's capital"

Because of the cavalcade of beloved celeb guests Scott never gets anywhere near as much credit as he deserves for little moments like this one.

• Like 5

Oh God it makes me sad that Tom Leykas is a real person ..

• Like 2

I don't know if it's just me, but for ME, this is one of the best episodes of the year. And I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately.

• Like 2

NEW FAN VIDEO: A Video-ization of an excerpt from the podcast, Comedy Bang Bang: episode 176 "Out of Bleeps" Freestyle rap battle featuring Amy Poehler, Jason Mantzoukas, Scott Aukerman and James Adomian (as Tom Leykis). The topic of this rap battle is "Scorpions", suggested by Earwolf intern Caroline E. Anderson. 09/17/12

Edited by Frank Pulaski, DreamTyme Films

Reposting to embed... this is GREAT. Everyone should watch it.

Seriously, some of the photo/clip choices are hysterical. Awesome job, bro.

• Like 1

Excellent stuff!! I'd love to hear an episode with Tom Leykis and Marissa Wompler.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this