🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tickynaylor

Meteor Man (1993)

The 1993 classic star studded urban superhero flick with Eddie Griffen, Robert Townsend, James Earl Jones, and Don Cheadle, Yes, it's true, all of these people are in this movie! Cowardly teacher turns superhero to clean up the streets of Washington, D.C.

I remember this movie was one of the ones they would play on HBO on repeat in the 90s and it was one you couldn't help but watch a dozen times. One of the most vivid scenes I remember from this is when Cosby has the meteorite in a coffee can and is using its power to throw around the bad guys while making his "Cosby face"

I remember this movie was one of the ones they would play on HBO on repeat in the 90s and it was one you couldn't help but watch a dozen times. One of the most vivid scenes I remember from this is when Cosby has the meteorite in a coffee can and is using its power to throw around the bad guys while making his "Cosby face"

I wouldn't be surprised if this was released in the Philippines as "Leonard Part 7".

Just saw this movie for the first time last week on CineMax Go. My favorite parts are the little Golden Lords and when Meteor Man uses his powers to grow a garden with gigantic vegetables in a community lot.

Honestly this movie is fucking perfect especially with all the superhero movies in full stride right now.

But I wonder if Cosby's involvement with this movie will cool the jets on them covering this one though.

Man, I had no idea that Cosby was a serial rapist back in 2012. Now the idea that he would have control over people's bodies has an extremely creepy overtone to it.

• Like 1

I remember seeing Robert Townsend in Hollywood Shuffle. It's about stereo type black actoring roles that black actors had to deal with in the Hollywood 1980's world of acting. there is a scene in that movie that really made me think of Paul Scheer when he talks about his story of working with Eddie Murphy on"Meet Dave" on the "I Was There Too" Podcast and the casting of other actors that look like Eddie Murphy but are doubles.

an Eddie Murphy type

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4PlS6E-QY

I bet ya paul still has nightmares to this day about the phone ringing and its another part on the set of "Meet Dave"

Then he made this movie "meteor-man" that good eh?

• Like 1

This theme song is the mid-90s rap at its best:

tumblr_m4pxrfjMB71r0c1kwo1_500.gif

A schoolteacher is struck by a meteor and develops superpowers in this humorous adventure. The newly created "Meteor Man" works to free his neighborhood from crime but runs into trouble when he finds his powers fading just as he comes into conflict with a powerful drug syndicate.

[media='']

[/media]

Sign in to follow this