🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Skeevins

Masked and Anonymous

For a good idea of how indecipherable this Bob Dylan-engineered trainwreck is, just listen to the first words he speaks in the trailer.

Wall to wall stoner platitudes, celebrity cameos, and oh yes, a ghost wearing blackface. Perfect fodder for HDTGM.

This is the IMDB synopsis:

A singer, whose career has gone on a downward spiral, is forced to make a comeback to the performance stage for a benefit concert.

...and this is the trailer

I have not seen this movie but it seem beyond bonkers, or incredibly boring, or both!

Bob Dylan doesn't seem to have a great track record with acting. He can appear in documentaries, no problem. He can write songs for them, nothing doing. They can even base movies off of him and it's fine. But when he actually gets a lead role in a movie, it never seems to work.

Which describes a lot of singers-turned-actors, really. Guys like Wahlberg, Smtih and Timberlake seem to be exceptions to the rule.

A film that I walked out on. Perhaps the only. It is crazy. And is one of two films that I searched to see if a post had already been created... From what I can recall, and it was a while ago, it has enough bonkers material that it would make a great podcast...

Bob Dylan doesn't seem to have a great track record with acting. He can appear in documentaries, no problem. He can write songs for them, nothing doing. They can even base movies off of him and it's fine. But when he actually gets a lead role in a movie, it never seems to work.

Which describes a lot of singers-turned-actors, really. Guys like Wahlberg, Smtih and Timberlake seem to be exceptions to the rule.

Ahem, I think you're also forgetting a Mr. Gene Simmons. Or not. OK, I just really fucking loved "Runaway". Actually, Lyle Lovett is also pretty good in what I've seen him in.

Ahem, I think you're also forgetting a Mr. Gene Simmons. Or not. OK, I just really fucking loved "Runaway". Actually, Lyle Lovett is also pretty good in what I've seen him in.

Please tell me you've seen Mr. Simmons' role as the drag queen villian "Velvet Von Ragnar" in 1986's sci-fi action thriller Never Too Young To Die, starring John Stamos and Vanity.

vlcsnap-2009-10-07-19h53m24s255.jpg

Please tell me you've seen Mr. Simmons' role as the drag queen villian "Velvet Von Ragnar" in 1986's sci-fi action thriller Never Say Die, starring John Stamos and Vanity.

That is the most terrifying image I have ever seen in my life.

I think there's a scene in this with Val Kilmer murdering bunny rabbits. This movie made zero sense. Great soundtrack though.

Please tell me you've seen Mr. Simmons' role as the drag queen villian "Velvet Von Ragnar" in 1986's sci-fi action thriller Never Too Young To Die, starring John Stamos and Vanity.

vlcsnap-2009-10-07-19h53m24s255.jpg

Male, female, whatever, Gene Simmons is just one of the most unattractive HUMAN BEINGS to ever get as popular in his line of work as he is. I'm thinking that wearing all the makeup for the first decade of his career was less a gimmick and more of a defense mechanism...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this