🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is NUTS because the actor who is playing Navin in this is discussed on the new episode with John Ross Bowie coming out in 15 minutes! I've heard about "The Jerk, Too" but this is the first footage I've seen of it.

The Fridays/early SNL talk reminded me of a clip that has been removed from youtube thx nbc universal!!! Louise Lasser on SNL is absolutely terrible and worth a watch. Her appearing on SNL is sometime after she was arrested in LA with cocaine. Check it out on Netflix, the monologue was so strange and you almost can't tell if it's planned or not.

Remember when live television made for comedy gold?

• Like 1

What the world needs now more than ever is a wrestler owned food court installation. Alas, King Kong Bundt Cake folded before it even got a chance, for it was too beautiful for this world, and no sign of it remains. At least this video from the opening of Hulk Hogan's Pastamania lives on:

Also, in the wrestling vein, I was really hoping to find video of Kamala being taught how to bowl, but I failed. Perhaps somebody more noble than I can complete my dream.

So here's a really weird story. Milli Vanilli made this guest appearance on one of the old Mario cartoons just a couple weeks before they admitted to lip-syncing. The original airing featured two of their songs, but due to some licensing issues, when it aired in reruns it was replaced with a generic rock instrumental so the whole performance is Rob and Fab awkwardly shuffling around the stage and moving their lips without any sound coming out. In other words, a Milli Vanilli concert (okay, that joke sounded a lot better in my head)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyTB1iyebwc

This commercial for Transformers aired in 1985, during a block of Halloween specials on CBS. In other words, 8 full weeks before Christmas. And yet, Alex Karras (aka Webster's Dad, aka Mungo from Blazing Saddles) warns parents they better buy these things NOW "where there's still a good selection" if they want to give them out under the tree. Keep in mind, this is just a year after the infamous Yuletide Cabbage Patch Kids riots, where parents beat the shit out of each other in toy stores. So scare tactics like this could have been pretty effective.

Also, Karras lip syncing "robots in disguise" and continuing on like nothing happened still blows my damn mind.

Jake,

As a big ol' comic nerd, geek...call me what you want, I love people making fan films of their favorite heroes. The best is Italian Spiderman. This is created by a group from Australia that created an online 10 chapter series of this great hero! Below is the trailer.

Shane MacGowan finishes a set with "Dirty Old Town" and then has a very drunken and awkward interview.

Just in time for Thanksgiving: Ed McMahon at the 1980 Macy's parade, singing a weird turkey-centric song while cautioning us to not be afraid for some reason.