🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is one of my all-time favorites. Imagine Verdi's powerhouse opera "Il Trovatore", but it takes place on Arrakis, it's produced by Persian Variety Show producers and it's poorly lip synced. No need to imagine...

http://youtu.be/LJ1TtdmDXA0

Make no mistake, Franco Bonisolli is a genuine badass, and one of the go-to tenors for the very demanding role of Manrico. But, dude, the Herb Tarlik coiffure and chest hair are so very much of a time.

Some classic news bloopers. When I studied journalism back in the ancient early '90's, they used to show us tapes like this. There are some true classics that I have yet to find online that I continue to hunt for, some real doozies.

Mike Rowe singing Karaoke on QVC. FYI: He's a trained Operatic Baritone.

And a very uncomfortable stalker calls him.

This is golden. It's like 40 year-olds thinking, "What would a Beatnik say?" And Jackie Coogan (Uncle Fester and "The Kid") is the pianist. Mike Meyers totally ripped this off in "So I Married An Axe Murderer". Tomorrow is Dragsville, cats, a REAL drag!

Finger licking good?! WTF?!

Mr. Show do a really funny send-up of this guy. Pretty sure he's the worst person in the world.

No snark, here. This is just AWESOME. I found this because I did some gigs in Japan and they used these Yamaha Electones instead of a piano. I was researching them and their capabilities and found THIS. She is my hero. Every sound you hear is her. It's like a modern day Wurlitzer. And the boa...I love this.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9pS5xzOWbwo

• Like 1

Erick Purkhiser picks a fight with "The Cramps" in the no wave classic flick, "The Foreigner" by Amos Poe while the Erasers, "No Se" play at CBGB Circa, 1978.

i know we did a punk segment way already, but what about the no wave and proto-scenes? Shock Rock and Richard Kern are right there waiting for attention, if ya ask me. still really relevant to today. but i suppose that's just my opinion.

full film of Nick Zedd's Wild World of Lydia Lunch.

Nick Zedd follows Lydia around London, while she basically breaks up with him the whole trip was to get away from him.

apparently the film score, the soundtrack is a tape she sent to Zedd as a fuck you.

i really love the soundtrack to this whole thing. enjoy.

• Like 1

"Baby Doll" directed by Tessa Hughes-Freeland (1982, Cinema Of Transgression)

My favorite superhero movie as a kid, and criminally overlooked on "best superhero movie" lists everywhere.

• Like 1

Where to begin with this one? The kid obviously doesn't believe what his father is making him read.

I used to have this 45. My grandfather's name was Irving, so someone had given it to him and he gave it to me. I used to lip sync it and had a whole production. The best part is I am not Jewish, so I had to ask my Jewish friends what this stuff meant. The B-side was "When You're In Love, the Whole World Is Jewish" by Phil Leeds. Good stuff.

"The Ballad of Irving" by Frank Gallop:

"When You're In Love, the Whole World Is Jewish" by Phil Leeds:

Outtakes from Jerry Lewis's "The Ladies Man". He is "directing" Metropolitan Opera Soprano, Helen Traubel. This is just bizarre.

You're probably familiar with Kurt Vonnegut's novel "Slapstick". You might also be familiar with the film adaptation, "Slapstick (Of Another Kind)" starring Jerry Lewis, Madeline Kahn, Jim Backus, Pat Morita...and many other notables. It may be one of the worst movies ever made. Apparently, the first-time director was the son of someone that knew all of these stars and more or less pressured them into making the movie. Vonnegut even sued, I think, to have his name removed from the project. If you haven't seen it, maybe do so, but be drunk, or something.