🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
atrac

Grease 2 (1982)

It's funny how most musicals don't make great movies, cause in point Madonna evita's, I hated that fucking movie and when I got invited to see it at a dinner theater with family I wasn't excited. but you know what! it was fucking great. it started alfie zapacata..

Tommy is the best one, Little Shop of Horrors is another great one, god this makes me feel old, When Wild at Heart was first playing here in canada they had ads on before the feature for "Phantom of the Opera' and I remember going to see that movie as I seen it alot. and the ad for amarican express "Phantom of the Opera' would come on screen right before the THX ad and it would make my hair feel like it's stand on it's end. This was the boardway musical verison. Years later it did come to town and I did get to see it. It was good. not as hair standing as the advertisement that would make your hair feel like it's up in place. I'll look it up on youtube and see if I can find it.

I created an account so I could second this. They need to do Grease 2. There is just so much fertile ground in this movie.

I hate Tommy. My Dad saw it on late one night and said to me 'You like Rocky Horror, you like rock musicals, tape this.' I did not understand a minute of it. There's Ian Drury as a sleazy red coat, a pychodelic sex-iron maiden, these Paul Nichols as a child abuser, Jane Fonda having a breakdown and rolling about in baked beans soap bubbles. It is one of the few times I've watched a film and thought 'I've completely wasted 2 hours of my life.'

Jane Fonda having a breakdown and rolling about in baked beans soap bubbles.

You meant Ann-Margret.

Is it weird that I had the soundtrack on vinyl?

It still pisses me off to this day that we never get to hear "Girl For All Seasons" in full in the movie! It bugs me to no end, but other than that issue......I love this movie to death!

I can sing every song! Michael changing himself into a biker that Stephanie Zinone (love that name) can love is a much better plot than the first Grease when Sandy becomes a smoking skank to be with that idiot Danny Zuko. If it didn't work out between Steph & Michael.....he at least taught himself a useful lifelong skill. He built freakin bikes and learn to ride the shit out of them! Freakin amazing!

Also, I can actually buy the actors in this movie as teenagers. Everybody in the first Grease looks 30!

I'm bumping this suggestion because I absolutely need to hear June's take on this film.

Yes. This. Seconding.

Also, I swear I read an interview with June (or was it on a podcast) where she mentioned she watched Grease and Grease 2 over and over during her childhood. So I think that would add extra! And, guessing from the Doug Loves Movies, where Jason talked about how unfamiliar he is with movie musicals would make it even better.

Link: https://www.youtube....bed/JANdCwEs1pY

(Had trouble embeding code...)

After listening to the Teen Witch episode (top that!) and hearing all the references to Grease 2...you guys HAVE to do Grease 2!!! That episode would be incredible!!!

• Like 3

After listening to the Teen Witch episode (top that!) and hearing all the references to Grease 2...you guys HAVE to do Grease 2!!! That episode would be incredible!!!

That's what I came back to say. It just has to be done....and they need to play a snippet of "Reproduction".

The songs are just too good!

Just watched it again on Netflix. It's still insane & I still love it! "Who's That Guy" stand out this time as my favorite song. It's weird how the time passes in this movie. I would love to hear this broken down on an episode. Its weird.

I always forget that Lucinda Dickey is all through this movie as a dancer & this was 2 years before the classic Breakin'. This also had me Googling those crazy Double Mint (bitches) Twins & their terrible show Double Trouble.

Oh the places this movie will take you.

Was it me,or did Rydell High only have white students? I know this movie took place in 1961, but that's still messed up.

Also, was Michael Carrington living in a shed or bomb shelter? When he's working on one of the T-Bird's essays he's in a metal tube with a cot, shelves and a desk.

• Like 1