🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

You know, we could go way off the reservation and do a musical..?

• Like 1

So far I like "The People Under The Stairs" and "Shocker" so far but it's really going to be hard press to beat Maximum Overdrive". are they not just saving that for halloween?

Also if we're going Carpenter, why not Deadly Friend where Kristy Swanson turns into a goddamn cyborg.

deadly_friend.gif

Shit, I forgot about Chopping Mall, that movie would be AMAZING for the Halloween episode.

ChoppingMall-HeadExplosion.gif

Fuck it, do them all!

Speaking of "Shocker," in a totally not coincidental release coming on the heels of the great Wes Craven's death, Shout Factory has a new Special Edition ready for you to buy! https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/shocker-collector-s-edition?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=shocker_800321

Also, holy shit, "Rockula" would be amazing.

• Like 1

Speaking of "Shocker," in a totally not coincidental release coming on the heels of the great Wes Craven's death, Shout Factory has a new Special Edition ready for you to buy! https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/shocker-collector-s-edition?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=shocker_800321

Also, holy shit, "Rockula" would be amazing.

Oh, you better believe I've been looking out for the "Shocker" Blu-Ray release. While not intended to be a cash grab (I love it, but reAlly, it's "Shocker"...), I wouldn't be terribly upset if the unfortunate passing of Wes Craven helped it move some more units.

Also if we're going Carpenter, why not Deadly Friend where Kristy Swanson turns into a goddamn cyborg.

deadly_friend.gif

Shit, I forgot about Chopping Mall, that movie would be AMAZING for the Halloween episode.

ChoppingMall-HeadExplosion.gif

Fuck it, do them all!

"Deadly Friend" was totally Wes Craven though!

In honor of the recently passed Wes Craven, I nominate Shocker for thi Halloween episode this year.

Also the original "The Last House on the Left" movie is cu-cu bananas by today's standards... My guess is that it hasn't aged well and now the whole thing just comes off as a silly spoof of a horror film

"Deadly Friend" was totally Wes Craven though!

I know that's why I said if we go Craven, that it's another very viable option. I mean Kristy Swanson's idea of a cyborg is this:

deadly-friend.jpg

• Like 1

Actually that shout out for Killer Klowns is the reason i am suggesting it. But it is a cult hit so it probably too good to be picked.

I don't think Jason will do this movie. I forgot about his clown phobia.

I don't think Jason will do this movie. I forgot about his clown phobia.

Well, dammit, if enough of us can get it trending on Twitter, maybe we can convince him to...

Oh, wait. Right...

Well, dammit, if enough of us can get it trending on Twitter, maybe we can convince him to...

Oh, wait. Right...

OH CRUEL FATE! HOW CAN YOU TORTURE US SO?!

My votes:

Bride of Chucky

Cabin Fever

Texas Chainsaw 2 ('86)

Shocker

Maniac Cop

I just saw The Driller Killer (1979). Independent film directed by and starring Abel Ferrara. He credits himself as Jimmy Laine. The movie was filmed in his apartment and neighborhood. He claims Bruce Willis appears in the film. This movie is crazy! It is perfect for HDTGM.

I just saw the preview for Deadly Friend. I change my vote to that one.

Oh, wait. Right...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey guys, I have a great suggestion for your Halloween episode this year.

You should do the 1986 horror film Deadly Friend. It's got everything: the lady from Goonies/Throw Mamma From the Train, suggested robot sex, throwing basketballs so hard that heads explode, aaand it stars Kristy Swanson. We need another ep of you calling her Mannequin Two the whole time. Please, please, please!

1. Nightbreed

2. Multiple Hellraiser films in one epic live episode

3. Night of the Demons

4. Multiple Amityville films amongst the nearly 20 in the series

I'm sure there's some worthy garbage in this list, though I'm not sure how Lost In Translation landed in Halloween-themed films.

https://www.wikiwand...round_Halloween

• Like 1