🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
TheGr8Sarcasmo

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985)

Bumping this because I saw it available on Amazon Prime and thought, I’m not watching this unless HDTGM does it. 

On 7/28/2017 at 3:02 PM, Veronica_Sawyer said:

Like Jake Speed, this is a solid bad movie.

Fred Ward

Joel Gray

Wilford Brimley (Diabeetus)

and freaking Kate Mulgrew

Pulp Action Hero, dodging bullets, walking on water, a bad guy with a diamond in his tooth (that later is used to save the day), a noted and celebrated actor doing an Asian character...it's all there.

remo_williams_the_adventure_begins.jpg

I totally remember that poster when it was in theaters. Super cool.

This movie does have some solid action scenes. The one at the Statue of Liberty is pretty good. This was in the good old days before they were worried about everyone being "safe."  And then he gets chased by a pack of super intelligent dogs who can walk on tight ropes. It's pretty sweet. 

A serious bump for this movie

1.) Orion Pictures. rofl

2.) $14M budget@1985. Successfull source material, screenwriter & director. Why did it fail? 

3.) The relationship, no....the romance between Remo and Chun transcends any other Stubborn Student/Brutal Teacher dynamic I've ever seen. One second, Chun is murdering Remo and the next, they're cuddled up in the corner eating cold rice and watching soap operas together. wtf? I need this broken down by the gang. 

It's been a long time since I watched the movie, but doesn't the hero tip toe across liquefied cement causing his pursuer to then drown in it?