🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
chad1138

The Matrix Reloaded & The Matrix Revolutions (2003)

These two films really need to be covered. I can't even begin to delve into the problems these movies fall into.

This is a case of the original film being better left on it's own, because the things I imagined happening later were more satisfying than what actually did, which isn't necessarily the fault of the filmmakers, but they always run the risk of pissing away the good will from before. It gets things off to a REALLY bad start when you're disappointed with where they're at at the beginning of the new story, and when you START disappointed, it's an uphill battle for the film. I liken it to (even though they're completely different films and stories) "Dark Knight Rises". After "Dark Knight", my brain was running wild with all the possibilities of all the adventures that Batman would be having and how the dynamic had changed with him and the cops, but then right away in the new film, they tell you "Yeah, he retired about 2 minutes after the end of the last movie and has LITERALLY been doing nothing for almost a decade". WHAT?!? In the case of both the previous films in the Nolan Batman series and the original "Matrix" film, I still love what came before, but it's a buzzkill to know that you already know that you're not going to be satisfied with the endgame.

These two films really need to be covered. I can't even begin to delve into the problems these movies fall into.

I agree, it should be a two-part episode.

You can include the Matrix as well. I threw it on the other day after not having seen it since it came out in theaters, and it is straight bananas.

Yeah, really let down by the sequels. Although, I'll admit that Reloaded has some great action scenes - the fight in the park with all the Smiths and the Freeway chase. But that's only 10-minutes in a 138-minute movie. I won't even go into Revolutions. That movie can go to hell...

• Like 1

The sequels really aren't that great, but they aren't really HDTGM material. It's not crazy, interesting or straight up bad enough to merit an episode.

Well, jury is out on this. I would say Reloaded was simply awesome and only criticized by people who couldn't fathom what the Architect said to Neo. As far as Revolutions goes, I agree that it was pretty disappointing.

Most of what makes the two sequels "bonkers" is just the dystopian cyberpunk sci-fi setting and technology that exists. I don't think any of the series would be that great of an episode, but if one were to be made it should be Revolutions. I personally really like the second one, obvi it isn't great compared to the first, but I think it's got some of the best action scenes of any movie in the last 10 years: the hundreds of smiths battle, then the medieval weapons fights which segues into the extended highway chase of destruction...it's all amazing action. The third one has as much action in terms of quantity, but the quality of it is much weaker.

Each (including the original) has a few wtf moments (revolutions more than the others), but not enough for a hdtgm.

The Syfy Matrix marathon is on now and I'm cringe watching it now.

Ick is mostly what I have to say at the moment. RELOADED is what I'm on now. The first one I can tolerate, but it doesn't really hold up over time.

This Reloaded mess has always confused me. I cannot stress enough how much I hate the city of ZION. From the moment they get "home" I can't say how disappointed I have always been in this hot looking rock & metal city. It's a mess. The dance sequence is gross with like a 1000 sweaty bodies at the weirdest rave I've even seen!

I want so badly to hear June's take on this scene!!

The sex is so basic I don't think Jason would give it a pass.

The action sequences and Keanu, Carrie Ann Moss & Hugo Weaving are the only reason I'm watching this again.

Sign in to follow this