🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
reverendnathan

Serious question concerning 'Barb Wire' on Netflix Watch Instantly

Is the version on Netflix VIN cut for time or a television cut? It seems right around every fifteen minutes (so far) there is a complete blackout perfect for cutting for time for a TV movie commercial edit point. If you saw this in theatres, are watching it on DVD, or just anywhere but Netflix, can you confirm that you are seeing the same thing?

Also, if so, holy shit. This festering pile even goes down to the editing job. Not to mention the editing job done to PA-L's breasts, am I right?! Oh man, how did this get made?!

Seems to have gone away, but it happens 2-3 times right at the start. With respect to editing later in the film, it's still not good. A much bigger concern is the horrid storyline going on, though. Also the set design.

Could it have been chapter stops on the DVD and this was just a REALLY shitty transfer to Netflix? That wouldn't surprise me. I think it's Crackle that I've used where the movies are free, BUT they cut in with commercials from time to time at points where it makes no sense whatsoever. It's less like a TV version and more like you're skipping around on a DVD or if you're throwing an ad in every 10 minutes or something. It's very jarring, more than if it would just pause or black out for a sec like you said.

Sign in to follow this