🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
j_d_r

Wanted

I don't remember much about this movie (except for the preposterous physics), but I feel like "The Loom of Fate" could be discussed for an hour by itself.

Oh yes. How on earth can you have crazy ideas like curving bullet trajectories and looms that determine who should be killed, and still be such a dull, average action film? Can you imagine what the "Crank" guys could've done with that stuff?

Oh yes. How on earth can you have crazy ideas like curving bullet trajectories and looms that determine who should be killed, and still be such a dull, average action film? Can you imagine what the "Crank" guys could've done with that stuff?

It may have been closer to the original material. In the comic, it's a secret society of supervillains that rules the world, and Wesley ends up taking his dad's spot in the gang he was in. It's more of an ultraviolent satire of superhero comics, everyone's an asshole, and only the basic premise made it into the movie. It puzzles me when they make a hard-R action movie for adults and decide they need to tone it down. For another PERFECT example of this, look no further than "Kick-Ass", an adaptation of another Mark Millar comic. The original story is incredibly nasty, a lot darker than it's cinematic counterpart, and has twists and turns that are either missing from the movie or completely spelled out from the beginning (like Red Mist's betrayal). Instead of being a down and dirty comic superhero movie for adults, "Kick-Ass" isn't much more than "Spider-Man" with Tourette's.

How it should have ended:

Assassin #1: "Wait -- We've been taking instructions from a loom all this time?"

Assassin #2: "Yeah. Didn't you know that?"

#1: "Uh, I think I was sick the day they taught loom -- I guess. Well, then we all do deserve to die."

#2: "For violating the sanctity of the loom?"

#1: "No, being so stupid as to go around killing people because a magic loom told us to."

*bang*

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this