tim atkin

Your favorite non earwolf podcasts?

Thrilling Adventure Hour, Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, Dave and Joel's Fast Karate For the Gentleman.

Doodie Calls with Doug Mand!

• Like 1

Todd Glass Show, JV Club, and Jordan Jesse Go!

The Pod F Tompkast, Judge John Hodgman, Doug Loves Movies, and Nerdist Writers Panel to name a few.

• Like 3

Paul F. Tompcast, Mike and Tom Eat Snacks, The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, WTF, and the Todd Glass Show for podcast-only shows.

There are plenty of amazing podcast versions of radio-distributed shows that I really love too. I'm not entirely sure if that deserves its own category or not. In having their main production in a traditional media I think they have a kind of advantage as far as budget goes - but that's not universal. Some smaller shows bootstrap it as much as any podcaster. And on the opposite side of that scale, because of the undefined nature of podcasts some shows are exploring things radio would never have the chance to. I think there's a lot more to be said there but I think I've convinced myself that there is a distinction so here come the radio/podcast shows!

This American Life, The Truth, The Moth, Radio Lab, Freakonomics, Car Talk, and KCRW's Strangers.

Jordan Jesse GO, For Those About To Rock, Bullseye, Keith and The Girl, Never Not Funny, The Slashfilmcast, Nerd Of Mouth, Nerd Hurdles, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, The Flophouse and WTF with Marc Maron.

And I know a bunch of Earwolves will agree with me that MMA Junkie Radio is the best MMA-based podcast around, right? Winky face.

But my favourite podcast of all is from right here at Earwolf - a little show I like to call Who Charted?.

WTF with Marc Maron, The Tobolowsky Files, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, The Best Show on WFMU, Here's The Thing, Freakonomics Radio, and Superego (plus the now long defunct Daves of Thunder).

One I haven't seen mentioned that I love is the Giant Bombcast. Comedy+Video Games

Doodie Calls with Doug Mand, The Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show, The Indoor Kids

Good call Barry, I like the Indoor Kids a lot, and I've been retired from video games for years. Emily and Kumail are just so damn good.

Tobolowsky can be magical too. One of the only podcasts that's made me cry.

I just listened to Call Chelsea Peretti the other day and that's definitely already one of my favorite podcasts. Chelsea is great.

• Like 4

Guys, no You Made It Weird mentioned anywhere????!

I like it but it's not in the top tier for me. Pete certainly has his moments and his energy level makes him very endearing but content-wise it's just too inconsistent.

• Like 2

I like it but it's not in the top tier for me. Pete certainly has his moments and his energy level makes him very endearing but content-wise it's just too inconsistent.

See I think the opposite, I think it is TOO consistent. It feels like almost every episode is exactly the same, to me.