🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 141 — Personality Kingpin!

The Fogelnest Files and Sirius XMU's own Jake Fogelnest came by and schooled us on urinal entertainment, amusement park design, mothafuckin' PRINCE, oh yeah and god and the afterlife and some other unimportant topics… There's no wonder he's loved by throngs and has established himself as a personality kingpin - Jake is fantastic! Enjoy!

I think this was the best "Garden State" response yet!

• Like 1

Yeah DT, I noticed that too. Also, the way they were pumping their own site, and launching another podcast, well it all leads me to believe that Totally Laime's year on Earwolf is up.

I'll still download their shows though.

• Like 1

It was only a matter of time before Jake was on TLP, and he did not disappoint.

Purple Rain is the worst! And by worst I mean the best. I've seen screenings of it here in San Francisco during Peaches Christ's Midnight Mass, where there is a drag show reenactment of key scenes before the film. It's amazing. Wendy and Lisa 4EVA!

The Earwolf drop didn't play at the end of this episode and I became worried that the show was no longer on the network.

This seems likely to be true. I don't know of any other Earwolf podcasts that have launched autonomous websites where they market their own merchandise and hype their own spin-off podcasts. It's probably also not a good sign that (as far as I can tell) the new TotallyLaime.com website doesn't even seem to contain a link back to Earwolf. For some reason this separation -- if there is indeed a separation underway -- makes me sad.

Great episode. I liked the parts where someone (aka anyone) was either talking or laughing.

Jake's such a surprisingly incisive and insightful mofo sometimes. Many times in fact.

Sign in to follow this