🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
pdxsean

Professor Blastoff Not Showing on Front Page

I like the new design of Earwolf, and I am thrilled at the expanding success of the network, but one serious problem has come up with the new format. When Professor Blastoff episodes drop on Tuesday morning, they are immediately pushed off of the front page by Sklarbro County, Fogelnest, and HDTGM.

All I can ask is, why? Why can't PB, one of Earwolf's flagship shows, show up on the front page on release day? Am I just silly for not caring for any of those three podcasts and being disappointed when one of the best doesn't show up for random sufers-by to see?

It's probably just me.

I agree it is annoying, but it does show up in the crawl on the top. I believe they show up on the bottom in order of release time. So with PB getting released the earliest, it gets knocked off first.

What is it about Tuesday that means they need to release so many podcasts at once? On Wednesday, I think there's only one new podcast, and that's the hilarious I4H. Why debut this new one on Tuesday? Five in one day?

I wouldn't be so worried if there was some tangible way of rating podcasts, but I just feel awful that PB can't even have it's 24 hours in the sun, while the shows that pushed PB off the page will hang out for a free ride tomorrow.

Again, just protective of PB, love Earwolf overall but am a loyal Blastronaut. Tig had cancer, for crying out loud, give her top billing.

Am I just silly for not caring for any of those three podcasts

A little bit, yes.

But seriously, I agree with this and the other constructive criticisms of the new main page lay-out in the thread in the General Earwolf section. I also don't understand the logic behind the schedule. The only explanation I can come up with is that CBB is essentially the flagship show, and Hooch and Sklarbro are the next most-tenured, so their days are kept relatively light (although that really isn't even true of Friday anymore, especially weeks when there is a Ronna & Bev episode), but Tuesday has become way too crowded. The top display does scroll through 5 episodes, so it's not necessarily totally off the front page even if it's not in the 3 comedy listings, but even that doesn't seem definite, and it lasts a day at most.

I just checked, it wasn't on the front page again today. I would think if it's just because newer podcasts are pushing it off, I wouldn't see Comedy Bang Bang still up there in the banner and below, since that dropped on Monday while PB dropped yesterday.k

I also figured I'd add (since it won't let me edit my previous post for some reason) that I feel Earwolf is getting oversaturated with shows. I'm one of the rare people that listens to a ton of podcasts, but I'm at my saturation point. I have my favorites and I don't have time to give new ones a try. I understand Earwolf's trying to add new listeners, but I feel like they're diluting the brand with all these additions.

• Like 2

I also figured I'd add (since it won't let me edit my previous post for some reason) that I feel Earwolf is getting oversaturated with shows. I'm one of the rare people that listens to a ton of podcasts, but I'm at my saturation point. I have my favorites and I don't have time to give new ones a try. I understand Earwolf's trying to add new listeners, but I feel like they're diluting the brand with all these additions.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Sign in to follow this