🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 98 — A Wordy Ménage

Hip-Hop heads are in for a treat as Jensen Karp returns to use his musical expertise to break down the charts on today’s Who Charted! He schools us on Trap Music during the Top 5 Billboard R&B and Hip-Hop Songs Chart, drops some knowledge about the Blackout Haunted House with the Movie Chart, and reunites with Hermes the Chart Goose. Plus, Jensen discusses Riff Raff, tells us about Janet Jackson attending one of his Hot Karl shows, and shares a story about his awkward moment with Heather Graham.

Roller girl got and gave just the kind of snide to quell the tide in any guys love life, but jense in his defense had a point, yo dats the joint is reserved for first not the worste, not saing mj aint got gems but dems some other songs by him that will get your back up off the wall, .. I'm not a rapper I'm just stalling til I make a remix that gets charted and I can guest talk about it, you know my steve's honey beats. crystal castles oh takeshi take a seat with wei wei working with a cold, nice to know somebody else makes bold boob post tweets, now Im just wondering what to be for haloween, micheal myers playing micheal meyers playing fat bastard playing shred soccer or a cockerile blocking shots cuz I tea tote. Let me leave you with a quote "it's time to say good bye, to turning tables" the life you guys talk about is the sort of thing they write about in fables. goood show

You guys talked about how the podcast is making Howard nerdy like Kulap, but Kulap being confused about the word friday makes me think she's becoming more like Howard. One can only assume that they'll eventually become the same person.

Here's looking forward to "One Charted with KuWie and WieLap" in 2015.

More evidence! "I don't forget."

• Like 1

Whats the intro song please?

Apollo 9 by Adam Ant

Goddamn this was such a great episode. I was nerding out on all of the hip hop talk.

In the Pink tampon tossing story, the sound effects led me to believe that she removed and threw not one, but two tampons. Can anyone confirm this?

i'm from maine and listened to the 20th anniversary radio tape podcast twice! take that hot karl...

LOVE the Hip-Hop talk , can we just start discussing the minutia of trap beats in here?

Can't get enough of the riff raff/ lil b talk. Riff Raffs raps are super funny, probably the best tats in the rap game. He also raps with 17 year olds and autistic kids, and makes them look awesome. Its pretty great.

Has Jensen or Howard listened to MC Paul Barman? Some one to check out if you like entertaining rappers.

Quoting WebMD:

Doctors don't know what causes Crohn’s disease. You may get it when the body’s immune system has an abnormal response to normal bacteria in your intestine. Other kinds of bacteria and viruses may also play a role in causing the disease.

Crohn’s disease can run in families. Your chances of getting it are higher if a close family member has it. People of Eastern European (Ashkenazi) Jewish family background may have a higher chance of getting Crohn’s disease. Smoking also puts you at a higher risk for the disease.

--it seems to have more to do with Northern European than Jewish ancestry (I have family with it)...hence the lucky Ashkenazi get sucked in along with the rest of the pale. They also get to be the most prevalent sufferers of Tay-Sachs Disease (if you're looking for a focused disease) and have a high incidence of cystic fibrosis. Fun don't stop.

Thanks for spelling out Bonobos in your ads. I thought it was Ben Wa Balls, and that's not anything I'd want to buy.

Return of Karp! I'm as giddy as a titty-boy.

I don't even like hip hop that much but I could listen to Jensen and Wie Wie talk about it for years.

• Like 2

'Retarded Olympics'? Probably a better way to attempt to name JK movies. Just saying.

Loved the Heather Graham story. I could feel my entire body going numb at the end. Yikes.

• Like 1

Oh so relieved Jensen mentioned that Ice-T thing from their anniversary episode. I couldn't believe that I caught a reference they didn't

Jensen might be the perfect Who Charted guest. Love the hip hop talk.

• Like 1

Complaining about R&B while the dirivative utter crap, but sometimes entertaining in the small doses I hear, hip-hop is served up on the charts on a never ending conveyer belt?

But then again, I am a dude that loves R&B. Not much today, more 87-97 but I had heard Wale feat. Miguel - Lotus Flower Bomb and liked that.

• Like 1

Has Jensen or Howard listened to MC Paul Barman? Some one to check out if you like entertaining rappers.

Jensen had a podcast with Jeff & Eric Rosenthal called Hype Men exclusively about Hip-Hop. They discussed white rappers with former rapper Fat Jew and talked about Paul Barman for a bit.

Here's a link: http://hypemen.tumblr.com/post/4578802682/fatjew

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this