🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I just recently watched Rid of Me on Netflix and going into this I had high hopes. It was an "Official Selection" film from the Tribeca Film Festival last year and after reading the summary, I thought this would be an interesting indie film.

I was wrong, dead wrong. It's set in Portland, which I thought was a pretty progressive town, but the way this movie is set up, you would think it's in one of those small towns (like in Footloose, the Kevin Bacon version). They're all racist, intolerant, judgemental, douchebags toward anyone that's different or just socially awkward.

The movie starts with a shocking scene that I thought was going to set the tone for the rest of the film but it immediately fizzles out and I guess is one reason why I was so disappointed with it (one of many reasons).

I should mention there is a lot of posing in this film. I'm talking, look-at-the-camera posing. I'm not sure why the characters have these moments, but there are a lot of them. Maybe there's going to be a Rid of Me Calendar and these are the images they will use for each month.

So give it watch if you want to be angry at a movie, and who knows... maybe you'll like it. It has the lead singer from Everclear in it for a few scenes and if that's not a good enough reason to watch this movie, I don't know what is.

Sign in to follow this