🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 47.5 — Minisode 47.5

This movie is nuts beyond nuts. I kind of felt dirty for watching it. It has a real nice lgbt theme going on, in that lgbt people are murderous monsters spawned of psychopaths in unnatural relationships.

Also catching a theme with fat chefs.... the fat chef in Drive Angry, the fat chef in Suckerpunch, the fat chef here.... Fat chefs are evil and kind of rapey.

'Sleepaway Camp' might be one of the greatest bad movies I have ever seen - HDTGM gold!

Right from the opening too. Here is what 'i think is happening' but maybe we are seeing the post-apocalyptic aftermath of the camps destruction? an audio of screaming masses (being killed?) as the camera walks us past the destruction.... which appears to be indicated by nothing else but a trash can overturned.

What caused this..what happened that this camp has an overturned garbage can!?!

Highlights:

- Obviously black electrical tape moustache wins forever but also,

- Wait.. were there two dudes in bed wait what??

- Anyone dies is met with horror. Then, immediately afterwards, all campers carry on as if nothing had happened and if anything become more relaxed, introduce more fun activities and take more evening walk-abouts.

- Don't forget the first 'kill' when he fell off a ladder.. approx. 5 inches in the air. I mean.. he had to hold on for dear life because the 5 inch drop would have killed him. Also 'Scalding' guy wins permanent lifetime award for most prolonged screaming EVER. EVER.

- So.. the boy had a rubber 'bandage helmet' on because.... why? Sorry.. if there was a reason why the 'little girl' orphan had a giant rubber hat I don't understand why?

- All males constantly 'haranguing' each other, jovial degradation and to the point of bizarre comedy: "heya nice try", "you and what army", "yaaaa I bet you will!", "You wish loser!" "did your momma tell ya that loser!" and swatting, shoving, fake punching, this was the friends.

- Half-shirts FTW!

- A whole show could be done about Gramps McJewisholdman the campground owner. So he had a date with who? Was she a co-owner? She was about 25 and hes about 80. makes sense.

- Was it just me or did 'Chico' or the original 'main camp counselor' half-shirt guy get replaced with Joey All-Pecs halfway through?

- WAIT UP.. A candy bar wrapper... if I shine my flashlight on this wrapper and look closely at the ingredients or something... It will LEAD ME TO THE MISSING BOY.. who must be... according to this candy wrapper... That direction!.. yes here he is!

- So her clearly girlish little body 'transforms' into a ripped muscle-bound 30 year old hairy-chested dudes body? Like a werewolf or something?

- And something that most younger viewers will not appreciate (won't notice the difference) but if you are over 35 you probably notice how strange it was:

When this genre of films was being made - foul language was actually NOT common and reserved for special moments like twice a film where the victim could say 'OH SHIT'.

Sleepaway camp is just loaded with F-bombs and shit and fuck and I think there was a 'cunt' in there?

Just anywhere. Anytime, you fuckin this and you fuckin that. This was really odd for the time lol!

Greatest bad film EVER... I just absolutely loved the great badness of this. Cannot wait for the reviews!

In my opinion, the 'What The Fuck' Moment happens about 53 minutes in. I had to go to wikipedia to understand what happened. I think I understand it now, but I'd rather just go on believing gay sex is just hilarious.

Why did they waste an R rating on some language. Though, I do agree the best line is "Eat shit and die Ricky. Eat shit and live Bill"

An actor's ability to scream the longest was really the defining characteristic of who got hired.

And let's give some love to that cop's fake mustache. Awesome.

Paul - Louisville

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I discovered this film for myself around 1988 or so. I was 10 and was just getting into slasher flicks. Over the course of 2 or 3 weekends, my parents sat me down with all of the Friday the 13ths and Nightmare on Elm Streets that were out on video at that point and watched them along with me. I was pretty much the last of my friends to see these, and my mom had been worried that they were too much for me. Over the course of these marathons, I learned that my mom was just so, so weak, that she'd get creeped out by anything, so if the movies weren't enough of a blast, me and my dad also had fun just picking on my mom.

So anyway, I think it was around the time that Friday the 13th part 7 had hit VHS. I went looking for it at the local Blockbuster, but being a new release, they were out of copies, so I ventured on over to the recently-unlocked-to-me horror section. I saw the cover for the SECOND Sleepaway Camp, which featured a girl with a backpack that had a hockey mask and Freddy's glove in it, and it looked like the most awesome thing ever. Having never heard of this series, I picked up the first film, which had a very Friday the 13th-like cover. I figured it would totally be the same thing, right? I don't think my pre-teen mind even really caught all the gay stuff, and aside from the girl having a weiner at the end, I just remember it being a shitty Friday the 13th clone. It would take another decade or so and another viewing to truly appreciate all the what-the-fuckery on display, but even then, it was still a shitty knockoff, albeit a fantastically bad, highly watchable, gay as the day is long, unintentional comic masterpiece of a knockoff. Still haven't seen part 2 except for bits and pieces here and there, but from what I understand, I'm not missing a fucking thing...

Am I insane or did that old guy have literally no reason to suspect that the brother was the killer?

The only way that I can think that he thinks Ricky is the killer is because he was always threatening everyone who ended up getting killed after they messed with Angela. Other than that, he went off on his own mindset at 90 mph towards Ricky.

The Stallone movie is going to be Cobra. It was one of three done at Bumbershoot along with Road House and Super Mario Bros and jokes were made about it during the Doug Loves Movies episodes from Bumbershoot, someone from The Old 97s was the guest.

Also catching a theme with fat chefs.... the fat chef in Drive Angry, the fat chef in Suckerpunch, the fat chef here.... Fat chefs are evil and kind of rapey.

Fat Chefs are the new Clown.

Guys, can we talk about the old black janitor who seemingly knew that the fat chef was raping kids and was totally fine with it? And the fact that he just disappeared in the second half of the movie?

Guys, can we talk about the old black janitor who seemingly knew that the fat chef was raping kids and was totally fine with it? And the fact that he just disappeared in the second half of the movie?

Old Black Janitor. At first, I supposed he would be the Scatman Caruthers of Sleepaway Camp and yet it seems like him and Fat Chef came as a pair and left as a pair? For some reason I just assumed Black Janitor was helping Chef rehabilitate back in the city.

btw: It did seem weird that some characters would be 'introduced' as if seemingly important - only to become 'extras' or completely disappear from the film. Others seemed to be 'extras' but later would be somehow 'main characters'.

I also feel this was an awkward fashion era. Somewhere just past denim and half-shirts but entering into velour tracksuits and oh the white dress shoes and black socks.

Still not sure what's up with murdering those 3 little kids. They only appear like five minutes earlier when they kick some sand at the dock. Next to the child rapist and all I'm beginning to think this a bit of an over reaction on the killer's part. Not cool, murderer.

Old Black Janitor. At first, I supposed he would be the Scatman Caruthers of Sleepaway Camp and yet it seems like him and Fat Chef came as a pair and left as a pair? For some reason I just assumed Black Janitor was helping Chef rehabilitate back in the city.

btw: It did seem weird that some characters would be 'introduced' as if seemingly important - only to become 'extras' or completely disappear from the film. Others seemed to be 'extras' but later would be somehow 'main characters'.

That was common theme in Return to Sleepaway Camp as well, which is like a true sequel to this. They actually have Isaac Hayes as the camp chef and he's in the movie for about four minutes. Then there are handfuls of others who are in, then out at completely random.

• Like 1

Some things I wrote done during the movie, I'm sure they have been already mentioned:

- Black janitor is very amused about his pedophile cook colleague

- a kid named mozart

- lamest softball match ever

"Eat shit and die.

- Eat shit and live!"

OH, SNAP!

- kenny has a sweet blue oyster cult t-shirt

- megan likes to bone old dudes

- groucho marx' moustache has a guest role.

Can we consider this movie a prequel to Silence of the Lambs where it shows how Buffalo Bill gets his gender confusion and psychotic tendencies?

I just watched this last night. What in the whole wide world of fuck did I just watch?

Why in that last sequence is she hissing like some sort of feral beast???

One of my favorite parts, Mike covers Angela's eyes "Guess who!" "Ricky?" "No" "Ummm, Burt Reynolds?" "You're getting warmer!" uhhh.... what? How is Burt Reynolds warmer? If anything Ricky was a much closer guess. What does this kid think he has in common with Burt Reynolds?

Also, in what world would young relatively pretty Meg want to go on a date with old as fuck Mel? That guy had a face like a Dick Tracy villain. What on earth would be appealing about him to a young woman??

One more thing, what is up with every single other thing that happened in this movie??

I thought it was crazy that it tried to build a "mystery" around who the killer is, when there is literally only one possible answer. There is never any doubt that it's Angela!