🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kwigibo83

Hell Comes to Frogtown (1988)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093171/

This is a movie a friend of mine DVR'd on the basis of his cable provider's plot description. We were not disappointed. Starring Roddy Piper as Frank Hell, one of the only fertile men left in a post-apocalyptic America, who is arrested by what remains of the government for leaving a trail of pegnant women across the wasteland. They put a chastity belt on him that keeps his junk safe but explodes if he tries to escape, then task him and Sandahl Berman with rescuing a gaggle of fertile young women from the titular town run by frog-faced mutants at war with the government. A particular delight is "the dance of the three snakes". Also features an inspired performance from Rory Calhoun (standing on his hind legs) as a grizzled wasteland prospector named Looney Tunes.

This is a ridiculous movie that fluctuates on how much it seems to realize it's own ridiculousness. A true how did this get made title, but someone behind the scenes certainly had a vision that he needed to commit to celluloid.

Has anyone else seen it?

If you have a cheesy 1980s sci-fi/fantasy movie, Sandahl Berman is always good times. Plus, Roddy fucking Piper! I will have to check this out.

This is so weird - I actually thought about this movie today whilst I was listening to the Super Mario HDTGM!

Sadly I saw this film when it was released straight to video in the UK many, many years ago!

I totally agree this is a great film to do - RP is a classic BMovie star and I love him in They Live as well (very under-rated)

Then concept of this movie is utterly bonkers, I fear not enough people have seen this

to warrant a good discussion.

I'm just glad at least three have us have seen this!

Eat lead Froggies!!!!

• Like 1

I actually own this movie and it is truly amazing for how crazy it is. From the metal diaper Piper has to wear which will blow up his dick if he tries to escape to the creepy frog mask to the human blood that looks like that old kids toy Gak, this movie is bonkers. It's also crazy in that Piper is basically signed to the government to knock women up so that they can bear kids to be put into the army, but once Piper has sex with one woman early in the movie, she is never seen again as if they just let her go back to wandering the wasteland. Also, the movie is like The Room in that there are storylines mentioned but either never fleshed out or ran through to a conclusion because the writer forgot he mentioned it originally. Would love it if they were able to get Piper for this episode.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093171/?ref_=nv_sr_6

Roddy Piper and Sandhal Bergman

This movie premise is that the world was destroyed in a nuclear war many years ago. Now the human race has been almost wiped out and common frogs have mutated into intelligent, bipedal creatures. The human race has been sterilized by the war radiation, and human women outnumber men. Fertile women are a very rare, but fertile men are even rarer. Roddy Piper is an opportunist drifter. This Roddy 'Sam Hell' Piper has apparently left a string of pregnancies behind him. After being captured, he's taken to the evil 'Med-tech' labs where the female staff then forces him into servicing female candidates. Either, he signs a contract to "work" for them fertilizing women, or he has to go back and face the wrath of the evil frogs beings. The Med-tech women put a steel jock strap on him to protect their property. The strap front plate says, "Property of Provisional Government". But, the evil frog people beings have raided a border town and stolen many rare fertile women. It's up to Sam Hell and two Med-tech staff women to get them out of 'Frogtown' and be fertilized for humanity sake.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hell_comes_to_frogtown/?search=hell%20comes%20to%20frog

This should be done ASAP as a tribute to the Hot Rod. Also, I need to hear June's thoughts on the humanoid frogs!

This sounds like A Boy and His Dog. A movie I love but think might also be a HDTGM candidate based on how weird and fucked up it is.

Sign in to follow this