🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 48 — Sleepaway Camp

Re-listening to this episode last night I think it might be my favourite. I made this to show (partly) why:

I made my future wife watch this last weekend cause I love it so much; I think she may be recondsidering...

• Like 1

I have not heard so many New York accents saying "Angela" since the last time I saw Who's The Boss?

holy shit, this is the funniest thing anyone has typed on this forum.

• Like 3

with all the Long Island accents, I kept thinking of Snookie and the Jersey Shore.

Turns out The older brother of MIke "The Situation" Sorrentino was one of the campers ('Paul').

Apparently the Jackass-centric band CKY got its name from this movie.

not to mention CKY's lead singer and Felissa Rose (Angela) married after meeting on the set of Return to Sleepaway Camp

Wow both the movie "Sleepaway Camp" and this episode (Number 48) have MTV references and Ties... From "Jersey Shore" to "Jackass" and Paul and June who starred in "Human Giant" and the guest Zack Pearlman in "The Inbetweeners"

Question: Could this source material make for a genuinely effective horror movie?

http://www.avclub.co...-reboot,105018/

Just heard about this and immediately came on to see if anyone posted this up.

this will be INSANITY.

They have to do this. Have to. This is, like, an event.

For me, the podcast is only ever half as fun if you haven't seen the movie. HDTGM is amazing because it captures that moment when you walk out of a bad movie with your friends and begin freaking out with them over wtf you just saw. If you watch the movie beforehand, you get to join them in their confusion. Them trying to figure out the very first scene for 20 minutes was easily my favorite part of the show because I was just as confused as they were. I can see how it would be frustrating if you hadn't seen the movie, but IMO you should always watch the movie beforehand. Especially if it's Sleepaway Camp.

Agreed. You have to see the movie or be familier with it to really enjoy these. Well at least with a movie like this. I've known this this one for a while. Hearing them trying to work out the relationship is hilarious. I know the confusion. It is a little hard to follow. I was laughing the entire time.

Some movies you don't need to see, but it helps.

The part of this movie that always made me laugh the hardest is that strange six man water balloon fight on the roof (!) that ends up setting Ricky off when one of the bros hit's Angela with a balloon. Ricky goes from zero to batshit insane in no time flat. "You fucking bastards are going to pay for this! Cocksuckers! Pricks! Come down here and fight, you chickenshit!" and so on. Just amazing.

That she goes down like she just took cannon fire to the dome makes it even more delicious. I'm lolling just thinking about it.

• Like 1

I was listening to this episode today and I felt I had to register to make this comment... Please, please, please, please, PLEASE work out your confusions about the plot beforehand if you're going to bicker and talk over each other for 10 minutes before actually getting to anything funny. I've loved your podcast ever since I discovered it, but all too often lately many episodes have been downright STRESSFUL to listen to. It's not fun, it's not enjoyable, and if it continues being a regular thing instead of a rare occasion, I can't listen anymore.

I almost stopped and gave up a few times before it got good. That said, once the confusions were worked out, it was a great episode.

Amen. I fully concur.

Notarized!

Stamped, signed and mailed.

Half the fun IS listening to the confusion. especially in only one or two are thuroughly confused. The other has to keep explaining it while the confused one comes up with new confusion.

As for the whole "The Doctor is coming" thing to me just says guy saw boat tip over. There might be injured. Called a doctor who is coming to help check to see they are ok.

Its not "the doctor is coming", its "we have to go meet the doc" (because his watchless wrist he's tapping says its almost 4:30, implying a scheduled visit, not an emergency situation)

Its not "the doctor is coming", its "we have to go meet the doc" (because his watchlist wrist he's tapping says its almost 4:30, implying a scheduled visit, not an emergency situation)

Ahh. never mind then. Been a while since I saw this..

It was always "the doc is coming" or some derivation as a nickname for the aunt. She was the dad's sister coming to visit after just dropping the cousin off at camp, which the dad tells the kids when they ask if he was coming to visit as well. The mom of the kids was just out of the picture, either by divorcing the husband when he came out or by dying somehow.

In case you folks haven't seen this, amazingness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFU27_VJYQ0

THIS VIDEO IS SO FUCKING AMAZING

the way he changed the diagrams when different people were explaining... I just.. oH MY GOD SO GOOD

• Like 3

So this exists now. Maybe we can finally get some (more) answers... that will probably leave us more confused and befuddled than before?

Sleepaway-blu.jpg

• Like 3

So this exists now. Maybe we can finally get some (more) answers... that will probably leave us more confused and befuddled than before?

Sleepaway-blu.jpg

So is her head coming out of another camper's groin supposed to be foreshadowing?

• Like 1

I also thought she stuck the curling iron in Judy's vag when i was watching the movie but wasn't really sure if thats what happened or if it was just my sick imagination. I was pleased to hear that is what they thought too.

You were pleased to hear that she got stabbed in the vagina with a curling iron? I was thinking to myself "no way is that how theyre going to kill a teen girl, no way no way" and then the killer opens the thing and stabs, so I was thinking one side goes in each hole? so its even sicker?!

and by the way I know I'm commenting on this years later, just caught on. sue me!

Sleepaway-blu.jpg

BEST DVD CASE ART EVER!!!

all your questions are going to be asnwered with more fucked up asnwers. what is this lost!

I wasn't a regular listener back when this episode was released, but is it possible that interest in this movie peaked in a major way and that this show, albiet in some small way,played a part in it being released on blu-ray? I do recall them saying that they all watched it on youtube (as most of the listeners probably did, too)... but regardless, if they keep dusting off these hidden treasures, it's possible that they could be doing big things for movies... independent or otherwise.

I'm sure my point of view could easily be debunked considering I know nothing about the movie industry... just thought it might be worth mentioning.

It will happen...Things are slightly crazy with Scheduling w/ League and Burning Love Season 2 but we'll get Ricky on...Eventually.

Did this ever happen?