🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
StefanGill

Gumby: The Movie AKA Gumby 1 (1995)

Dear HDTGM,

My submission to the braintrust is GUMBY THE MOVIE (also called GUMBY 1, which I think makes it the only movie to declare it self an EQUEL (not a prequel or sequel, just an equel)). Now I know it might seem like a weird suggestion for an adult-themed movie podcast to tackle a random children's film, but this film is completely crazy banana nuts. Here is the plot summary from wikipedia:

"When the Blockheads' E-Z Loan company threatens to take away the farms belonging to the small farmers, Gumby and his band, the Clayboys, decide to have a benefit concert to save the farms. But when the Blockheads find out that Gumby's dog, Lowbelly, cries pearls when he sees the Clayboys perform, they decide to kidnap Lowbelly and force him to cry pearls. When he doesn't respond, they kidnap Gumby and the Clayboys and create robotic clones of them. With the help of Pokey, Prickle, Goo, fans Tara and Ginger, and talent agent Lucky Claybert, Gumby takes on his robot clone and is still in time for his music video taping session. At a picnic, Gumby announces that he's opening his own farm loan company. The Blockheads are forced to weed Gumby's garden as punishment, and Gumby and Pokey decide that things are looking up for them as they head back to outer space."

That is just the tip of the iceberg: there are lightsaber battles, medieval sword fights, terrible hair-metal, and it's only 75 minutes long. It was made in the mid 90s and looks like it's from the 50s. I promise you, this film is perfect for your show. And it's streaming on Netflix to boot.

Sincerely,

STEFAN

I second this movie. It has some of the worst stop motion animation, a nonsensical plot. The voices are really weird. And there's a 7 minute long dance sequence at the end of this movie which already is only 76 minutes long. This movie has to be seen to really be understood.

Sign in to follow this