🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GregJ

Donnie Darko

I don't find this movie bad at all but i would love too listen to them try and make sense of it.

It really would be better to do the Box or Southland Tales. Donnie Darko has some faults and detractors who may be justified, but I think it's place in film cannon is generally a good movie. Kelly's other films are messy and self-indulgent (usually i don't mind self indulgent unless it fails horribly).

Honestly, from what I've heard about "The Box" and "Donnie Darko," and from seeing "Southland Tales," I think they'd be safe in just dedicating an entire episode to Richard Kelly. It doesn't sound like he's doing anything other than just reusing the same "Look at me, I'm such a smart filmmaker, my movies don't even have to make sense!" tricks over and over.

I liked the theatrical cut of Donnie Darko, but after seeing the directors cut of it I agree with you about Kelly. Everything that was good about the original Donnie Darko he ruined in the directors cut by adding shit that tried to make the movie seem smarter than it was.

Donnie darko is the greatest movie ever! I don't care what anyone says. I got to remember to see the box, thanks sillstaw. maybe if you could go back in time and remind me to watch that movie I'll not forget.

Sign in to follow this