🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 14 — Speech Therapy

Earwolf Studios’ own Frank Serrano takes on co-hosting duties to share all kinds of stories about his family on today’s Love, Dad! Frank talks about getting through the rough patch of his baby daughter’s open heart surgery, the immediate changes during her recovery process, and how he coped with the whole situation as a father. Frank also tells us about noticing early signs of his 3 year-old daughter’s speech impediment, her improvement with the help of speech therapy, and the difficult process of enrolling her into school.

Heartwarming story. It really makes me appreciate my boringly healthy kids.

Speech therapy works. I had to do it in grade school- gave up recess for years to have time for sessions. I was a bit of a stutterer and had an Ira Glass L, but mostly I just talked too fast. Basically, I was a spaz. A few years later, I went on to become the captain of my high school's speech team and worked in "easy listening" radio for a while. I'm still a spaz, though.

I can't wait to listen to this! Our three year old is in a special school right now to help with her speech delay. I felt so guilty when we had to put her in speech therapy when she was about two and a half, because I felt like it was my fault. Once I started talking about it though, I found out many other kids were doing it and many people I know and love did it as well. Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.

Such an amazing episode. My 2 girls are the exact same ages as Frank's girls and it is a strain even though they are both "healthy" (although it is amazing how often kids get sick) that I couldn't even imagine if one of them had similar issues. I just wanted to thank Frank for coming on the show and telling his story and sounding like a pro! Also you still have a few months before Arden will start saying possibly a handful of words so I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

I really like this podcast guys, just "so's youz knows". Thanks for doing a Dad centered podcast, because almost all of my friends are still single, high-as-shit-everyday, and they have no idea what being a parent is like, needless to say I appreciate this cast.

love,

james

Enjoyed this immensely...please have frank back. Also, I'm a speech-language pathologist (speech therapist), a dad, and I listen to podcasts. This post was made for me. Thx. Tell frank I said thanks, too.

Don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said, great heartwarming episode and this one of my favorites so far.

Sign in to follow this