🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 186 — New York Mainstays

Garry was always one of my favorite PFT characters. I'm glad he's been making a comeback.

Picking this years top 10 is going to be tough. I wish there was reference to Garry's marraige to Gillian Jacobs (especially since Garry mentioned his assumedly dead wife), but irritating pedantry aside, this episode was fantastic.

I know people constantly mispronounce her name, but I'd expect better from Mr. Marshall, er, Garry, er, Pony boy now that they're married.

I'm going to go ahead and say this is the best year of CBB ever. I can't remember the last time we've had a subpar episode.

• Like 1

Is this the fastest turnaround between guest appearances by the same character?

Maybe the Paul Scheer movie ad guy ?

despite Jake's apparent incomprehension of the basics of his character bits.

In my best Garry Marshall, "Please, call me Eat a Bag of Dicks".

• Like 2

In my best Garry Marshall, "Please, call me Eat a Bag of Dicks".

I believe you meant eat a hot bowl of dicks but it doesn't matter and I completely agree.

• Like 1

I believe you meant eat a hot bowl of dicks but it doesn't matter and I completely agree.

(Still Garry Marshall) "What? This is unheard of! But I'll allow it."

• Like 2

I smell some Lukas Holmes written Garry Marshall fan fiction in the works.

• Like 2

Aww I really like Jake.

Can anyone explain the catchphrase, by the way?

"Malcolm to Broccoli Bling Bling! I'm your ghost, Scott Aukerman."

The catchphrase is just near-rhymes to Scott's common welcome. I was stunned by its apparent success, which it probably didn't deserve.

Regardless, I'm especially gratified by PFT's reaction.

• Like 3

I smell some Lukas Holmes written Garry Marshall fan fiction in the works.

Yes, please! If you take take notes, though, Lukas, please don't end it with someone jerkin' it on Scott and Fred Savage's backs. It's been done.

• Like 1

"Malcolm to Broccoli Bling Bling! I'm your ghost, Scott Aukerman."

The catchphrase is just near-rhymes to Scott's common welcome. I was stunned by its apparent success, which it probably didn't deserve.

Regardless, I'm especially gratified by PFT's reaction.

The reaction to the catchphrase had me in tears, but the flat-out stupidity of the catchphrase itself didn't hurt. Though, I can't help but hear it as some ridiculous hoity-toity name...

Malcolm d'Broccoli Bling Bling, serving the good people of Devonshire at the pleasure of His Royal Majesty.

• Like 1

The reaction to the catchphrase had me in tears, but the flat-out stupidity of the catchphrase itself didn't hurt. Though, I can't help but hear it as some ridiculous hoity-toity name...

Malcolm d'Broccoli Bling Bling, serving the good people of Devonshire at the pleasure of His Royal Majesty.

I considered attempting wit until I realized that absurdism always wins here.

Malcolm d'Broccoli's Bling Bling: an exposition of one nobleman's appetite for extravagance.

The catch phrase was brilliant. PFTs laugh also helped sold it. Then again, I love wordplay.

Also, what the heck are people complaining about in regards to Jake Fogelnest. He totally played along.

I'll never understand some people.

Picking this years top 10 is going to be tough. I wish there was reference to Garry's marraige to Gillian Jacobs (especially since Garry mentioned his assumedly dead wife), but irritating pedantry aside, this episode was fantastic. Garry Marashall has evolved into one of my favorite characters. The volume of his voice is a great running gag, plus Fogelnest did some great suggestions to make Garry's description of his new TV show even more ridiculous.

You know what I've noticed this year, especially recently? The joy is back in CBB. For a time it wasn't as fun, and I think it was because Scott was so busy. But the last few months it has just been unbridled joy from he and the guests and that translates to a better world for us all.

When PFT said, "Oh no!" in the background after the catchphrase, it put a smile on my face the rest of the day.

• Like 1

I think people like guests like Jake because he's more of an audience surrogate - people relate to him because he acts how they assume they would act on the show. Kind of out of their depth but having fun. Jake seems like a great guy, by the way.

But c'mon guys, you seem to rate every episode THA BEST EVARRRRR. I think you might be stuck in a little Earwolf feedback loop... which is great for Earwolf (and I have the utmost respect for Jeff and Scott for being able to create this insular community that is only positive towards the material they create).

WHAAAAT'S THIS!? At about 31:08, Gary Marshall turns into a robot for about 1 second. May his golden voice not be violated by science ever again! Or does this reveal some unkown truth about Mr. Marshall?

I was stunned by its apparent success, which it probably didn't deserve.

It was a great one, I rewound it like 5 times because I so enjoyed PFT losing it.

The opening and the closing both mde me lose it... Loved Paul in the background. Loved "see you next time.... Oooooooon the....wait... No... That's someone else's.

A+ catchphrase on this one. Gets a great reaction too.