🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jeffersx

Cabin Boy (1994)

Cabin Boy is so bad, I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't been suggested before. Starring Chris Elliott as a sheltered rich kid who ends up on a ship with hardened sailors and of course comedy is made.

I'll be honest, I've only seen it once many years ago, but it has been at the top of my bad movie list ever since. I remember Letterman has a cameo, because Elliott and writer / director Adam Resnick (Death to Smoochy) were Letterman writers. I remember Andy Richter was in there, because I was (and still am) a fan of his. But most of all I remember the talking cupcake that spits tobacco, and really do you need to hear anything else after that?

This movie is just awful and would love to hear Paul, June and Jason have a discussion about it. I was even thinking that you could probably get Andy Richter in there as the guest for some behind the scenes insight.

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109361/

this movie has some of the worst acting and THE WORST plot ive ever seen. from imdb synopsis...

"A foul-mouthed finishing school graduate mistakenly winds up on an ill-fated fishing boat, and faces the wrath of a crew that considers him bad luck. "

so... its basically the odyssey meets gulliver's travels meets horrible comedy. it truly seems like the actors were making up lines on the spot and was later edited into nonsense.

a must see! full movie is on youtube.

Aw, is this a bad movie? I loved it when I was younger, I'm kinda afraid to revisit it and find out it was terrible.

i felt the same way, i was 8yo when this came out and i vividly remember begging my father to take me to go see it, and he refused for weeks. we finally saw it... i loved it and he had a look on his face like he wanted to put a gun in his mouth... see it again! you will want to hear paul, jason and june review it

The problem is that they'd be making fun of a movie that owns its stupidity.

possible... i know that everyone involved with this film knows it was shit... however that doesnt make it anyless shit. i loved it when i saw it and i think others should have the chance to enjoy the same shittyness i enjoyed.

I am not sure how I feel about this film. it's almost so bad it's good. it's funny stupid humor. I don't think this movie was made under any preconceived notices, or that they are out to make a comedy classic.

I think it is what it is, a intentionally bad comedy. almost black comedy as they say.. as in not everyone's cup of tea.

but I'll have a flank steak and enjoy it for what it is. or maybe i'll try the london broil.

Sign in to follow this