🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 23 — The Lone Ranger

Yo, what up race cars! Today’s special guest Jay Caspian Kang sits down with Andrew to talk about Johnny Depp’s portrayal of Tonto in the upcoming film The Lone Ranger.  Call 323 389 RACE to let us know about other racist depictions in Hollywood history and  ask us a question about whether or not something is racist.

I was a little confused by Jay's comments at the start about 'Asian casting'. Was he trying to say it's more racist to cast an Asian actor in a Native American role?

I was a little confused by Jay's comments at the start about 'Asian casting'. Was he trying to say it's more racist to cast an Asian actor in a Native American role?

It sounded to me like he just wasn't talking about the right character - like maybe he thought the discussion was about the Green Hornet with his sidekick Kato, since there is a direct relationship between Lone Ranger & Tonto and Green Hornet & Kato.

This was kind of a confusing week for this podcast in general... but I still enjoy it!

Hi, Andrew-

Love the show, but please kindly bring back the weekly format. Yes, I understand that this a free podcast and that asking for anything makes us seem whiny and entitled, but the fact is it's easier to listen to in the weekly format. Presumably this good for both of us because the more listeners you have, the more donors and sponsors you are likely to have.

Again, really love the show and will try to listen as much as I can if it stays the daily format, but I think a lot of us would be really happy campers if you bring it back weekly.

Sign in to follow this