🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
the_ez8

Action Jackson (1988)

The taxicab action sequence used to be on YouTube. There's like a hundred implausible things about that scene, starting with the fact that Action Jackson runs after a cab and catches up with it, on foot. It's amazing. Sadly, it doesn't appear to be there anymore, which is a shame, because I think viewing it would immediately get the movie slotted on the show.

Also, you can tell the movie was made in the 80s, because it has Sharon Stone and Vanity in it, and Vanity is the love interest. (Well, there might also be some "black-men-can't-have-white-women" racist things in there, too, but mostly it's that Vanity was somehow a bigger star at the time or something.)

"How do you like your ribs?"

Please,please do this film.

Ridiculous 80s action films are sorely under represented on this podcast.

• Like 1

Holy shit! I completely forgot about this movie. Yes, Action Jackson is so thoroughly 80's and utterly entertaining. I remember watching this movie as a kid and thinking the cab chase on-foot was utterly ridiculous, but in a fun way.

I haven't seen this movie since that one time in the 80's. Does anyone remember if there is a "Hand in your gun and your badge!" scene in this movie?

• Like 1

I haven't seen this movie since that one time in the 80's. Does anyone remember if there is a "Hand in your gun and your badge!" scene in this movie?

I only saw it once a while back, but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

• Like 1