đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  

The film currently does not yet have a consensus rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but a score of 14% "Rotten" based on six reviews. Stolen was a box office failure, grossing only $304,318 on a budget of over $35 million and was pulled from theaters after two weeks.

At some point, people are going to stop casting him in movies if nobody is going to see them.... right?

To be fair, this and "Trespass" didn't get blockbuster-level releases. Smaller companies mean less theaters and less advertising, so of course nobody went to see it. As for his continued employment, I think as long as he does another "National Treasure"-type blockbuster, or another "Leaving Las Vegas"-style arthouse critical hit, he'll be just fine.

Still, I endorse this one without having seen it, solely based off of

A: Cage's daughter's eerie resemblance to Justin Bieber, and

B: Josh Lucas's hilarious hair.

Hello from the UK! Have you guys checked out the quite simply deranged "Stolen" yet? It is thoroughly bonkers for more reasons than I can possibly type here, and I'm only 54 minutes into it.... I'm currently staring at a hazy, drug addled POV of a ranting (will never work again) Josh Lucas, sporting a Nickelback-tastic wig. He's virtually chewing at the camera lens. Earlier in the film he has a scene with an Australian "character" that makes no sense whatsoever. You have to see this film to believe it, if for no other reason than the scenes where Lucas and Cage try to outact each other.

This is on Netflix now, and I watched it last night.

And It. Was. MISERABLE.

This has to have possibly the WORST soundtrack from any modern movie I've ever heard. I lost my shit I couldn't handle it.

Please, please do Stolen with Nic Cage, it all him a middle aged man running and making a sex noise for an hour and half. It also includes a man with no legs and 8 fingers who drives a cab.

Tell me what you think

Harry Ward Masters

this is nick cages verison of taken. added story that he robs banks. boy the trailer really gives away the film. I just watch this the other night. it's a ok movie for cage fan's not over the top like The Bad Lieutenant, but it does have it's moments. I enjoyed it. would make a good HDTGM show, I can't say..

this is nick cages verison of taken. added story that he robs banks. boy the trailer really gives away the film. I just watch this the other night. it's a ok movie for cage fan's not over the top like The Bad Lieutenant, but it does have it's moments. I enjoyed it. would make a good HDTGM show, I can't say..

Can we agree that for a man of his age there is too much running and grunting, that alone would make a great episode for me anyway

If you guys are looking for an entertaining, crazy nonsense movie starring Nicholas Cage - Stolen is definitely a good choice. It is also a good choice because it is currently streaming on Netflix.

This is definitely the type of bad movie that can be fun to watch because of all the bizarre stuff in the movie and the fact that the movie thinks it is clever. One of the craziest things about this movie is that Nicholas Cage isn't even the most over the top actor in this movie, it is Josh Lucas who goes completely over the top. Seriously, Josh Lucas looks like a pirate in this movie. It's pretty insane.

This movie is nuts. It would be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing for the show. It's a terrible movie that is thoroughly entertaining, josh lucas manages to out-cage Nic Cage which is something to behold. Even if they don't do it for the show just watch this movie, it's entirely worth it.

Ya it's really bad. it's another nick cage gets his daughter kidnapped movie. I lost count of how many times he's made this movie yet not know it.

Since were dipping our toes back into the Nic Cage waters, I have to recommend this both for the podcast or just a casual watch because its just delightful.

Have to bump this movie. This is without a doubt the best role Josh Lucas has done in his career. Like I really can't even begin to do justice to the metamorphosis that his character goes on in this movie. 

The before and after is absolutely breathtaking. And its so jarring too, he goes from basically looking his character in Stealth to what appears to be some kind of Taxi Pirate. 

I am a little confused at how often this movie gets called a Taken knock-off, because the daughter gets kidnapped in this one. Daughter getting kidnapped in an action movie is about as cliche as it gets really. This feels closer to something like Oceans 11 in terms of what they were trying to mimic rather than Taken.

Another little interesting fact, this movie was the second movie directed by Simon West starring Nic Cage, the other was the previously covered Con Air. 

Sign in to follow this